Part 11: Private sessions.

{MADDIEPOV}

Today is the private sessions and to be honest I'm quite nervous. What if I go wrong? What if I get a bad score? I won't get any sponsors thats for sure.

••••••••

Me and Aaron make our way down to the seating area for our individual assessment. When we get there we sit in our alicated seats and wait until our names are called. Glimmer is sorting out her make up, Clove looks bored and Cato he's just dazing off into space. Aaron is bobbing his leg up and down to calm his nerves and im holding myself up by having on leg on the wall. "Arent you even going to make yourself look pretty? because coming from 8 you need all the help you can get!" Glimmer shouts back to me. I roll my eyes at her "well being pretty isn't going to help you in the arena" I state back. "Being pretty will get me sponsors" she says smug. "Oh yeah? I'm not going to back down on killing you just because some teenage boys thinks your pretty, because trust me how pretty will you look with a knife in your neck?" I say smug. "Cato" she moans. He just smirks at me. "Maddie's right" "what? Your defending the scum girl from 8?" She says taken back. Cato's calm collective face turns into a angry red one in seconds. "WHA-" "Cato... its okay. I might be 'scum' but I think  scum will win this year, win the 74th hunger games" I say. "District 1 Female" the voice says. I relax back into my seat with Aaron at my side. He places his hand in my hand for reassurance which I take without ease.

•••••••••

"District 8 female" the voice shout outs. I take a deep breathe before rising off of my seat. I let go of Aarons hand and he gives me a nod. I walk through the gates and down a corridor until I notice Cato standing at the end, when he sees me he walks up to me. "Cato?" I questioned. "Hi I just wanted to say good luck out there.... but its not like you need it" he says with a smile making me smile. "Thanks Cato I appreciate it" I say before walking by him, but then he pulls my arm again making me turn my head back  to him. "Maddie about what Glimmer said about you being scum and not pretty......(he stops) well..... erm...(he stratches the back of his neck) I don't think that. I think your beautiful" I'm shocked now. I give him a weak smile before getting out of his grip and saying 'thanks' before I leave to go into the room. But before I go into the room I see a smile on his face. "Bye" I say. "Bye mads" Mads? must be a new nickname.
•••
I've decided for the game makers to show off my bow and arrow skills and knife skills. When I get into the room I see all the gamemakers and possible sponsors all laughing eating their food. I walk over to the weapons and I pick up 4knives like last time with another 2 too impress. I stand before the targets. "Maddie Thompson District 8" I shout to them before turning back to the dummies and signalling the trainer to start the machine up.

Bong....

I throw my knives as fast and as persistent as I could at the dummies, aiming for the brain and the heart.

Bong

Under 10 seconds later I had pierced the dummy with all 6 of my knives all in the centre of the heart and brain. I then walk over to the bow and arrow section. I picked up one of them and placed it in my hands. I shoot the first arrow in the dummies heart again making a thud. I turn round to face the game makers and then spoke "may I?"pointing to the apple in the pigs mouth. "Of course" Sereca Crane replies. I pull the bow back before letting go. The arrow hits the apple dead in the centre making the apple hit the wall. The gamemakers look shocked. I curtsey before placing the bow back on the rack. I make my way out of the room and I walk down the corridor. I go by Aaron in the process wishing him luck before heading back to our floor.

I hope I showed them who the real threat is in this years games and you know what? I hope a big one at that!