Chapter 10: Men

Chapter 10: Men

        When Chihiro and Chiaki finally reached the school, Chihiro lifted Chiaki's head from his lap and grabbed her wrist with force to get off the bus. "Woah..." Chihiro gasped as he saw how big the school was.

        "Wow... it's big like... a castle..." Chiaki remarked sleepily as she fell asleep while standing up.

         "Chiaki hasn't changed a thing ever since we were kids... She can sleep everywhere! I mean... everywhere! We were at the beach once and Chiaki fell asleep in the sea! The lifeguard panicked so hard!" Chihiro laughed at the thought and Chiaki woke up.

         "Whoops, sorry Chihiro... I'm so tired..." Chiaki yawned.

         "I-I'm amazed...! You can sleep anywhere!" Chihiro lied as he knew this already.

         "Yeah, it's another one of my talents... I think. Anyways, let's go into the school!" Chiaki half-joked and she regained her energy as they went into the school.

          "Aw man! We're not in the same class! I have chemistry first!" Chiaki cried as they looked at the notice board.

           "Yeah...I have Math first... I guess I'll see you at lunch or whenever..." Chihiro said sadly.

           Chiaki's eyes then lit up, "Alright, let's have lunch together if we end on time! Bye bye!" Chiaki beamed and went to her locker to get her books, Chihiro also went to his.

          "So, this is my locker... it's huge...!" Chihiro stared at his locker which had his name on it. 

           When Chihiro opened his locker, he could not believe his eyes, "Ah! So many books and it's so organised!" Chihiro pondered as he stared at the neatly stacked books.

           "Oh, here's the Math compartment... That's a lot... and it has my name on it...!" Chihiro picked up a thick, purple textbook and stared at it.

           "Guess I'll have to carry all of this..." Chihiro complained as he stacked one book on the other and struggled to carry it.

           "It's... so... heavy..." Chihiro pondered as he walked through the corridor.

            "Get over here!" A guy shouted angrily at another guy who dashed through the corridor.

            "Never! You will never catch me- Ah!" The guy being chased accidentally ran into the unsuspecting Chihiro causing all the books to scatter on the floor.

           "N-no..." Chihiro cried as he stared at the books.

            "Hey! Watch where you're- Huh?" Chihiro looked up at the guy and he suddenly stopped talking as his face turned a little red.

             "Ah! P-please don't... h-hurt me...!" Chihiro cried as tears were dripping from his eyes.

             The guy was slightly tanned skin and a tall, muscular build which gives him a bulky figure. He wore  his hair as a dark-brown punch perm with a styled-1960s pompadour. He has deep-ridged black eye line circling his purple eyes, which gives him an intimidating look. One word came to mind when he saw him, a strong gangster. "Huh? What are You talking about...? I can never hit girls it's just wrong... I'm sorry, here I'll help you up!" Chihiro wiped away his tears as he grabbed the guy's hand as he lifted Chihiro to his feet.

            "Oh! I'm so sorry miss! This is why you shouldn't run in the halls, Mondo!" The guy chasing the other guy who apparently was 'Mondo' scolded him.

             That other guy has short, spiky black hair, large matching eyebrows, and intense red eyes. He wore a military-style white Japanese school male uniform with five golden buttons on each sleeve and six on his chest, a red and bronze medal above his right breast pocket. Chihiro thought that this guy was disciplined. "I can't believe my disguise was working! If I was dressed up as a boy, they sure would be beating me up! I'm so happy!" Chihiro pondered as he cried again.

             "No! Stop crying! It makes me feel bad when I see a girl cry... A thousand apologies! I shall get tissue!" The guy  apologised as he briskly walked to the bathroom.

             "Hey, we're really sorry... alright? I'll help you pick up your textbooks." Mondo apologised as he kneeled on the floor to get the books.

             Chihiro kneeled down too to help Mondo. "Huh? This is..." Mondo's sentence was cut off as the other guy came back with the tissue.

             "Sorry I took so long! I don't want the same incident to happen to you so I had to walk." The guy apologised bowing his head.

             "It's alright, I'm fine. Thanks for the tissues and thanks for helping me pick up my books!"  Chihiro smiled as he wiped his tears away with the tissue and Mondo blushed harder.

             "My name is Mondo Owada, I guess it's nice to meet you?" The muscular guy introduced himself.

             "And my name is Ishimaru Kiyotaka! But you may call 'Taka' since Kiyotaka's too long. Nice to meet you and I hope we can cooperate." Taka introduced himself politely.

             "Oh yeah, you can just call me Mondo..." Mondo replied shyly.

             "Hehe, you two must be childhood friends..." Chihiro remarked as the two boys stood further away from each other.

            "Hell no! I hate this guy's guts! We just met today. I was rushing to class and Taka just told me to stop running!" Mondo complained.

              "And I was right! You see what happened to ummm...I'm sorry! What's your name?" Taka apologised again. 

              "It's alright, I didn't say it yet... My name's Chihiro Fujisaki. Since you guys are so informal just call me Chihiro, I hope we can be friends..."Chihiro said shyly.

                "Hmmmm, Chihiro huh? Nice to meet you! I'll help you pick up your books too- Oh! This is Math! I can't believe we're all in the same class!" Taka remarked as his eyes beamed with joy.

               "Really? Oh that's so cool! Thanks for helping me out!" Chihiro had the biggest smile he's ever smiled in his school years.

               "Guys...We're going to be late if we keep talking like this...Let's go!" Mondo picked up most of the books and Taka carried the others while Chihiro carried nothing and watched the the boys rush to class.

             "Mondo, you're running again!" Taka scolded which got an intense look from Mondo.

             "I never knew guys can be so kind..." Chihiro smiled as when they walked into the class, the bell has rung.