Chapter 7: Shopping

Chapter 7: Shopping

       "Haah... I can't believe your going to high school next year, Chihiro..." Taichi commented as they were walking in the mall.

       "Yeah, Dad... Time flies by so fast... I can't believe we're going to by clothes to make me a girl..." Chihiro awkwardly said they walked past some girly shops.

        It was a week before the start of high school so Chihiro has to get ready. Since it was high school, there would be new people, stronger people and more bullying. Chihiro has accepted the fact that he would dress up as a girl he would do anything to not get bullied. "Uhh... D-dad...? I'm kind of nervous? How do we do this...?" Chihiro stuttered.

        "Honestly, I have no idea... T-the only woman I've ever met was your Mother but... Oh, yeah! You know Nanami-san! Describe what she wears!" Taichi suggested.

        "Oh, she wears skirts, mary-janes and her hair's like mine... And that's it..." Chihiro explained.

        "Hmmm, Okay. Then which one do you want to do first?" Taichi asked Chihiro.

        "I'll pick clothes. That's the most important factor." Chihiro answered and Taichi nodded as they walked into the clothes shop.

         The shop's walls were all pastel pink and the floor was white decorated with confetti or different colours. There were many shirts, skirts and dresses filled in the shelves, drawers and hanged on the rack. There are socks of different kinds and different varieties of shoes. There even is a makeup corner with different varieties of lipsticks, blushes, brushes, mascara and many others. This really is an ideal shop that young girls would go to but it was empty. "Hello, how may I help you?" The shopkeeper asked with a warm smile.

        "We're here to find suitable clothes for my s- I mean Daughter since sh-she's starting high school next week." Taichi stuttered as the shopkeeper nodded her head.

        "Okay, what's your favourite colour, Miss?" The shopkeeper asked Chihiro as his face turned red.

        "L-lime green... C-could it be with a skirt, please...?" Chihiro bashfully asked near to tears.

         "Sure, I'll be back!" The shopkeeper left finding some clothes leaving Chihiro and Taichi dumbfounded.

        "Even if I didn't dress as a girl, other people think I'm a girl already..." Chihiro pondered as the shopkeeper came back with three outfits.

         Chihiro stared intensely at the three outfits, but one of them stood out. A girls' winter school uniform set, featuring a long-sleeved dark green jacket, a white shirt with a large Peter Pan collar secured with a thin dark ribbon, suspenders, a box-pleated and a mid-thigh length brown skirt. Chihiro pointed to the uniform and the shopkeeper smiled, "You have a nice taste miss, you just have to pay for it." Taichi nodded and gave her the money.

        "Since it's your first day of high school, I suggest that you buy some makeup too. Just a little bit like a eyeliner and lipstick. I have these, would you like me to put it on you, Miss?" The shopkeeper offered and Chihiro accepted.

        Once the shopkeeper was done, she offered a mirror to Chihiro. When Chihiro took the mirror from the shopkeeper, he was astonished. "Woah I look like a girl! Ah, oops..." Chihiro covered his mouth in shock.

        "Awww, Miss... You look like a girl even without makeup on! So it's alright!" The shopkeeper tried to cheer up Chihiro but it only made him feel worse.

        "Hehe, thanks..." Chihiro bashfully bowed.

        "You saw how I placed it, right? Even if you forget, you can just Google it!" The shopkeeper added and laughed.

        "Hey, Chihiro... Maybe you'd like to buy everything here? I mean, we're not in a rush but it's convenient." Taichi whispered to Chihiro.

         "Yeah, sure... I agree. What should I do next?" Chihiro turned his head to the shopkeeper.

         "How about new shoes? What type of shoes would you like?" The shopkeeper asked and Chihiro had an immediate answer.

         "Do you have mary-janes." Chihiro asked thinking of what Chiaki's wearing.

          "Oh yes we do! Do you want one that matches with your outfit and also some socks?" The shopkeeper asked and Chihiro nodded his head.

          The shopkeeper nodded and looked at Chihiro's feet and went to get the things. She came back with knee-high black socks, and white, ribboned mary janes. "Thank you..." Chihiro thanked once again.

          "No problem, anything else?" The shopkeeper asked and Chihiro scanned the room.

          "Hmm, what else would make me more girly? Ah! How about these when I change in the locker room? I'm afraid that my weakness might run deep..." Chihiro saw white bloomers with yellow polka dots and took several of them and brought them to the shopkeeper.

            Taichi paid for everything and Chihiro hugged him in gratitude. "Have a nice day!" The shopkeeper waved to Chihiro and Taichi as they walked out.

          Once they reached home, Chihiro brought all the things into his room and open his laptop to talk to Alter Ego. "Good afternoon, Creator. I see you have bought some things. Try them on!" Alter Ego urged as Chihiro took of his clothes.

          "Wow, it's hard to put on some of this stuff... but I'll get used to it... Done!" Chihiro showed his outfit to Alter Ego.

          "Woah! Creator can take his panties off!" Alter Ego commented and Chihiro gave a weirded out look.

           Taichi walked in hearing Alter Ego and stopped at his tracks. "Woah, Chihiro... You look... so cute..." Taichi commented as tears came down from his eyes.

          "Hehe, thanks Dad! But, why are you crying?" Chihiro asked in concern.

          "You look... like your mom... when I met her in high school..." Taichi smiled wiping his tears away.

          "So this is what Mom looked like..." Chihiro muttered under his breath looking at the wall mirror.

         "Mom, I'm ready to start high school!" Chihiro shouted out and Taichi nodded his head.