Chapter 2: Lunch

Chapter 2: Lunch

                A few moments later, they finally reached the front of the school. Taichi grabs Chihiro on the shoulder and looks at him directly in the eye, "Well, we've reached school. Remember to always be positive and ignore all the negative things classmates say to you, okay? Like how you acted with that old lady, but no crying!"

             Chihiro nodded his head with enthusiasm and pecked his Father's cheek and chirped, "Okay, I'll try! Bye, Dad! See you after school!"

             "Bye, Chihiro! Have fun in school and be safe!" Taichi smiled and waved at Chihiro.

              Chihiro then walked over to his locker to get the things he needs for the next period and heads over to the classroom. When he reached the classroom, Chihiro saw that all of his classmates were there already. No one even acknowledged his presence as they continued talking to their group and Chihiro walked over to the corner of the classroom where his seat laid at. "Why is everyone taller than me...? Even most of the girls are taller what even-" Chihiro thought as he watched everyone comparing their heights.

              "Psst! Look at Chihiro! He's all alone again..." A classmate whispered to their peers.

              "Yeah... He should really man up! Chihiro's weak all the time and he needs to act like a man!" A classmate agreed who was a girl and she acted more manly and self-assured than Chihiro.

               "I'm jealous of some of the girls... They are so confident and they have a better fashion choice! They could even pick out clothes for boys!" Chihiro then slammed his head on his desk in frustration.

                Hearing all the negative comments, Chihiro laid his head wanting to not hear anything... but it did not work. Classmates then started to crowd around his table and starts throwing paper balls at him as tears trickle down Chihiro's cheeks drenching the table. "When will it ever stop...?" Chihiro wondered.

                A few minutes later, a classmate from Chihiro's class fled into the classroom in cold sweat. "Guys, Ms. Nakashima is coming!" The classmate announced and everyone hopped on into their seats including the bullies.

               "I guess bullies are scared of teachers scolding them too, huh?" Chihiro pondered and wiped his tears away as Ms. Nakashima entered the classroom and everyone stood up.

               "Class, greet!" The class representive ordered and everyone greet Ms. Nakashima good morning.

               "Good morning, class. Please sit down. I shall start role call once everyone is seated." Ms. Nakashima instructed as everyone took their respective seats.

                 "Okay, first of...Bandai Daisaku."

                 "Here!" A boy responded in his high-pitched voice but he has strong muscles.

                 "...Chabashira Tenko."

                 "Hiya!" Tenko responded in her energetic voice and role-call continued up to Chihiro.

                 "...Fujisaki Chihiro."

                 "H-here..." Chihiro answered in a quiet voice.

                 "Huh? Is Fujisaki-chan- I mean, Fujisaki-kun not here?" Ms. Nakashima asked glaring at Chihiro.

                 "I'm right here and I'm not a girl...!" Chihiro said in his loudest voice and started crying, everyone bursted into roaring laughter and some started throwing insults at Chihiro.

                  "Chihiro's such a girly boy!"

                  "Oh my, even girls can speak louder than him...."

                 "Chihiro's so weak!"

                  "Huh? I'm weak? I thought I was a strong man..." Chihiro mumbled as he tried to wipe away his flowing tears as Ms. Nakashima continued role-call.

                  After a few more names, role-call was finally over. "Good job, everyone! Well, except for Chihiro... You have to work on your charisma skills to be able to project your voice and as well as become a man." Ms. Nakashina's comment left Chihiro speechless and everyone giggled as Ms. Nakashima started class.

                  "Ring!" The bell symbolised the start of recess as everyone dashed out of the classroom except for Chihiro and some other classmates.

                  "Finally! I get to read my novel, I, Robot by Issac Ashimov! I hope I get to finish at least a chapter of it..." With an excited smile, Chihiro eagerly took out his novel from his backpack.

                   In an instant, Chihiro's head was buried in his novel. Suddenly, a group Chihiro's close friends came up to him hand in hand. They were Akamatsu Kaede, Maizono Sayaka, Andou Ruruka, Sonia Nevermind and Nanami Chiaki. Chiaki, who had  short, pale mauve hair which is slightly curled outwards with short straight bangs asked, "Hey, Chihiro! We were on our way out to play tag... wanna join us?"

          Although Chihiro was delighted about the offer, he shook his head in disapproval. Chihiro then lifted his head from his novel to face the girls and smiled, "T-thank you guys for the offer b-but I really want to finish this novel... S-so..."

          "If you say so, Chi-Chi! Feel free to join us in the field if you change your mind!" Sayaka who had  long, dark blue hair, which she holds in place with several clips, offered as the five girls skipped out of the classroom. 

           Chihiro then buried his head back in his novel but overlapping thoughts disrupted him. "Honestly... Why is my body like this? I would have joined them but I'm scared that that might happen again... I should at least go down and apologise..." Chihiro then placed a bookmark on his page and went downstairs to the field.

           Chihiro reached the field seeing the girls scream in excitement as they chased each other. "Oh? Hey, Chihiro! Over here!" Kaede wearing a short, dark purple skirt, which is patterned with five thin black lines with musical noted, chirped.

          Chihiro then walked over to them and bowed his head in tears. "I-I'm so sorry that I declined your invitation... It-it's not like I didn't want to but I'm a little sick and Dad said that I should try to not do strenuous activities."

          Sonia, wearing  a green and white dress with a large red ribbon with a blue and silver jewel on the chest and a dark green, almost black, ribbon with diamonds in her hair, gave Chihiro a big hug and comforted, "It's okay! You should have told is that you're not feeling well! I recommend that you sit out here and read that novel of yours as fresh air may make you feel better!"

          "I agree! Here you go! It's a medicine lollipop but I swear it's delicious! Like berries!" Ruruka, who wears a pink coat with puffy white fur trimming, yellow shorts, white thigh high socks and pink boots with multiple straps, offered Chihiro a violet lollipop.

          "Th-thank you everyone..." Chihiro bowed his head once more as he sat in one of the red benches that laid around the field.

           Chihiro then opened the wrapper of the lollipop and started sucking on it. "Oh! This is really good! Ruruka was right, it tastes like berries!" With a satisfied look, Chihiro took a deep breath and started reading his novel.

           "Hmm... Sonia was right too! Fresh air helps out a little!" Chihiro smiled at himself as the girls' excited screams echoed in his mind.