Chapter 17

­­Chapter seventeen

"Throw it up." Anika stretched her arm out as she held onto the tree branch closest to her. The bon fire was set to start in an hour but it would be another half hour before people started to show up to help set up. 

Anika had shimmied up the tree over one of the sitting logs around a fire ring. 

"What makes you think he'll sit here again?" Ivy asked as she watched Skinner throw up a rope they found in the supply closet. 

"Where else would he sit? People keep the same seats every night." Keira shrugged from her spot in a tree over a different sitting log. Mel had sneakily snuck back into the kitchen after dinner and grabbed another dozen of eggs. 

"Okay, but I still don't see how the bucket with be triggered to fall." Ivy wearily eyed Keira as she almost lost her balance. 

"The egg filled bucket rests on a branch." Anika double check that the said bucket wouldn't fall prematurely. 

"A rope is tied to the handle and is wrapped around the trunk once, just so it won't dangle and be noticed. The rope is dropped down," Anika jumped from her branch and landed in a crouch before she continued with her explanation. "The rope is laid out on the ground over to our seats."

"We cover it with leaves so it's out of sight." Skinner added. 

"Exactly, then when we're all here," Anika gestured to their seats, "and he's over there," she pointed to his seat, "We pull!"

"And the sky rains eggs and he gets splattered!" Keira cheer as she dropped out of her tree after placing her bucket up on a branch. 

"So who is that bucket for?" Ivy pointed to Keira's tree. 

"Victoria." Mel shrugged casually. 

"We've given her some slack for too long." Keira added with a smirk. 

"It'll be an interesting night, that's for sure." Anika chuckled at the evil glint in her cabin mates' eyes. 

"I'm so glad I'm not your enemy." Ivy smiled in relief. 

"Nah, you're pretty chill." Keira slung an arm around Ivy's boney shoulder. 

"If that means you won't play evil tricks on me and dump a pale of rotten eggs on me, then thank you." Anika chuckled at Ivy's words and thought back to when she had said the same thing along those lines. 

"Alright, the ropes are covered. Let's head back to your cabin." Skinner brushed his hands off on his shorts and turned to Mel who led the way back to her cabin. 

"You have any threes?" Keira stifled a yawn. 

"Nope, go fish." Skinner replied, looking over his hands of cards. 

"Mel, do you have any sixes?" Skinner grinned as the red head rummaged through her cards and reluctantly handed the desired card to Skinner. 

"Keira, do you have any eights?"

"Go fish." Ivy turned to Skinner and blinked innocently. "Skin, would you happen to have any threes?" 

"Maybe." the blond grinned cheekily and held out his card to her between his index and middle finger. 

"I just asked you for a three!" Keira lightly glared at Skinner. 

"I just picked one up." he shrugged. 

Mel scoffed. "No you didn't. You had the damn three the whole time." 

"Cheater." Keira grumbled and dropped her cards on the floor in front of where she was sitting.