33

A.N: WHEN I WROTE THE FIRST 32 CHAPTERS, I WAS A NEW ARMY. MY WRITING, AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE GROUP HAS IMPROVED SINCE THEN. THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER I'LL POST IN THE WAY I WROTE BACK THEN. This chapter will be a little on the shorter side, my apologies. (a.n signed: June, 2022)

Yoongi left the room and I followed him, this time I wasn't going to screw up. "Hyung? We need to talk." I exclaimed, Yoongi turning around to pierce his eyes into my soul.

"We have nothing to talk about, Jungkook." Yoongi replied, his face cold as stone as he looked me up and down. It felt like he was checking me out and I felt uncomfortable.

"Stop checking me out and listen to me!" Before I could even think, I had snapped at him and he looked pissed.

"You should be honored that I'm even checking you out! You have no right to talk back to me! I am your hyung!" He glared at me as he shouted and scolded me.

"Just listen to me, Yoongi! I am upset! I'm upset that you're teasing me! I'm upset that you're mad at me! I know what I did wrong and I have apologized to everyone! Why can't you forgive me too?!" I have had enough and I didn't care if I got slapped. My bottom lip was trembling as Yoongi made his way over to me, his lips pursed and his fists clenched tightly.

"You lied to us for months, Jungkook! We take you in because we felt sorry for you and the stuff you were going through, and the way you thank us is by lying?! I know you've apologized to everyone and I know everyone has forgiven you, but you hurt me too!" Yoongi yelled, looking away straight after almost like he had said something he regretted.

"Yoongi..." Was all I could say, already feeling bad for having followed him.

"Do us all a favor and leave please. We don't need your drama. Please." Yoongi literally begged me, finally meeting my eyes again. They were sad, angry and... disappointed...

"Fine. I will. I'm sorry. Good bye." And with that, I left. Being careful, I unlocked the door to the dorm and sneakily made my way my room. Once there, I packed all I had and left. No note, no nothing. I'd be out if their hair now and that's what they all wanted, right?

The streets were dark and wet as it had just rained, the air smelling of wet cigarettes and empty bottles. Where was I supposed to go now? I had nowhere. I had nothing. I had... no one. That's when it hit me. I am, and will always, be alone. There won't be anyone who can provide for me, and I will most likely be dead within a week. I had no roof above my head and and barely had any money. No, Kook, stop thinking this way! I'll survive! I'm charming, and I'm cute. I can get a job as a waiter!

With only a few coins to my name, I sat down on the side of the street and started singing. "I just heard you found the one you've been looking, you've been looking for. I wish I would've known that wasn't me." More people gathered around me as I continued singing and I couldn't help but feel... Proud of myself? I had never sang in front of anyone before, let alone in the middle of a street. More and more people were placing money right in front of me and that made me think. Maybe I actually do have what it takes to make it after all? you know what, I'm going to try. I'm going to become a singer! I'm going to follow in the footsteps of my favorites.

I sang until the sun started shining. By now, I had worked up quite the sum. In fact, enough money for me to stay at a motel for a month and buy food! I took the money people had given me and stuffed them into a bag, heading for the nearest motel.

"Hello, I'd like to rent a room here for about a month, do you have any room available?" I asked the guy behind the counter. He looked at me for a while.

"Uhm... Yeah- uh... Do you have a guardian or parent with you? You seem very young." He kept studying me, shaking his head softly.

"Between you and me, I'm homeless and managed to scrape together enough money to stay here for a month. Please let me stay, I promise I won't be a nuisance. I'll be quiet. It's not like I have any friends to invite over anyway." I changed the truth a little bit to get sympathy from the guy behind the counter. I really needed this to work out, and if it did, I'd have a month to find a job and an apartment I could stay in.

"You know what? I'm willing to let you stay here for as long as you need. I was also a homeless teen once so I know what you're going through. Here's your room key, young mister!" The guy smiled softly at me before handing me a key. Room 225 was now mine for as long as I needed it to be. I can't believe it! The grown-up world isn't as scary as I imagined it would be!

"Thank you!" After I had talked a bit longer with the guy, I headed to my room. It wasn't too big, but it was enough for me. The rest of my life starts today and I'm so excited! Next thing on my agenda; buy clothes!