Chapter 24

Indeed, those who have believed and done righteous deeds - their Lord will guide them because of their faith. Beneath them, rivers will flow in the Gardens of Pleasure.

Mid-December 2017

(Third persons POV)

The Shema's and Ziyaads were sitting in the living room watching a movie all together. Adeela, Mimi and Safi were sitting on a three seater couch, Adeel sat on the floor around Adeela's legs while Adnan sat on a one-arm couch. Safi and Adnan have been getting along so well lately, Mimi and Adeela have been throwing suspicious looks at them for the past few days.

Abdul laid on the chaise lounge with Ahlam in his arms, her head resting on his chest, he played with her hair while they watch the movie. He kisses the tip of her head and draws circles on her back with his hand occasionally as they watch.

"I like the fact that her husband knows how to cook," Ahlam says

"I know how to cook also" Abdul replies

"Haha" Ahlam scoffs

Mimi and Safi laugh

"Yaya the only thing you can cook is Indomie," Mimi says

"Who told you so?" Abdul hisses

"Okay, what can you cook?" Ahlam asks fixing her position so that she is able to see his face

"I can cook jollof rice better than anyone of you here"

They all shouted 'ayyy' laughing

"I'll prove it," He says

"Okay, we'll set a date. You'll cook Jollof and I'll cook the same thing also, they can be our judge" Ahlam says

"I'll invite Mahmoud and Yusuf also In case these people decide to do partiality"

"Fine" Ahlam chuckled

They went back to watching their movie and a few minutes before it ended Ahlam fell asleep in his arms.

"Is that it?" Mimi asks no one in particular and they all started discussing it.

"Shhh, don't wake her up," he tells them "switch off everything before leaving"

He carried her in his arms all the way up to their room. He laid her on her side of the bed and covered her with a duvet, placing a kiss on her forehead. He sat on the bed watching her sleep, he can never get enough of this woman.

——————-

Ahlam went to her cousins' house, Khadijah. They decided to go for grocery shopping for Khadijah's house. Ahlam held Khadijah's baby, Afrah, Khadijah sat in the passenger's seat in front while her brother Amir drives. Grace and Abu followed them behind in Ahlam's car.

"Ahlam, did they call you for the interview?" Amir asks

Ahlam applied at where he works because that's the only place that she knows someone close to her. Ahlam and Amir used to be very close until he confessed that he had feelings for her, she distances herself from him slowly because she never saw him in the way he saw her. He was always Khadijah's brother to her and that cousin brother that she could call elder brother and is very free with. So after Amir's confession everything fell apart, until a few weeks before Khalifa left her, Amir came back to her life and they forgot that he has ever said that he has feelings for her.

"Yeah, I'm going on Wednesday In shaa Allah. I hope I get it"

"You will In shaa Allah, trust me" he smiled looking at her through the rear view