13. Tryouts

Wait, but he isn't even playing for Chaser! Though I have to admit... for a guy that doesn't look like a big muscleman, that was a seriously impressive hit. But like hell I'd admit it to his face!

I stick my tongue out at him and quickly get myself back to the game.

After catching a smoothly dropped Quaffle from five meters above me as a feint, I fly towards the hoops again, determined to score this time. If my own (I hate to say the word) fiancé beats me in this dumb scrimmage, I don't think I'd be able to live it down.

I raise my arm to hurl the Quaffle again and see Sirius hit the Bludger again from my peripheral vision, so instead of hurling the Quaffle at the hoops, I throw it a couple meters above me in the air and dodge the Bludger to the side. As the Quaffle falls, I swing off my broom and kick it towards the hoop.

Ha, beat that! I smirk as I see it curve in towards the hoop far out of Rize's reach and then...

"Agh, what the hell!" I clutch my head in disbelief.

At the last moment, Sirius hits the other flying Bludger and whacks the Quaffle out of the way and right into Rize's hands! Even worse, Rize throws it across the field to another Chaser who takes advantage of our shocked Keeper to score a—a goal! You have got to be kidding me!

I spin around to glare at Sirius, who was tossing his Beater bat casually from hand to hand.

Was this his signature move?

"What the hell was that, Sirius?" I yell at him in disbelief. "Is that even allowed?"

Sirius twirls the Bludger bat in his hand, whistling to himself. "If you have the skills enough to even do that, then hell yeah!"

Right, so, he definitely has more skill than I gave him credit for. I've never even seen that done before! But that doesn't mean for one second that I'll let him show me up like that...

I speed down the field back to my own hoops and groan in dismay as I see an opponent Chaser score yet another goal. I glance up at James, who is still searching for the miniscule Snitch zooming around the Quidditch field, and sigh. Looks like I have to take matters into my own hands again, especially since Sirius seems to be knocking every shot we make right back at our faces.

I catch the Quaffle as it goes through our hoop yet again and speed towards Rize's goals. 

It's not over yet! I may have weak arm strength for a girl, but I still have a few tricks up my sleeves.

Halfway down the field, with one hand holding onto the middle of my room and another hand palming the Quaffle, I pull my broom around and screech to a standstill. Using the momentum of my abrupt stop, I do two flips around my broom and hurl the Quaffle down the field towards the hoops with deadly accuracy.

But instead of just stopping there, I then speed down the field following the direction of the thrown Quaffle and grab a fellow Beater's bat along the way, ignoring the subsequent "Hey!"

As Sirius slams the Bludger with the bat to veer off the Quaffle again, I swing my own stolen bat and hit the Bludger right back at Sirius.

I give the shocked Beater a smug look. "Ha, beat that, Siriu—whoa!"

Sirius slams the Bludger back at me again, completely catching me off guard.

I just barely dodge it and spin around on my broom to (oh crap) see the Bludger completely obliterate the tower behind me. Well, not obliterate. It just made a huge hole... but that hole could've been through me if I didn't dodge that!

"Beat what now?" Sirius yells right back at me, smirking.

I swing my Beater bat back for momentum and prepare to fling it at him. "BEAT THIS!"