8. An Unexpected Rescue

I focus my eyes just in time to see Mia's wand fly out of her reach again.

Who is that? Someone with black hair? Who do I know has black hair... Wait, Sirius? Seriously? Ha, lookit that. My first knight in shining armor moment. I can just imagine the sparkles and roses and rainbows... and unicorns...

Okay, I definitely have a concussion.

Sirius strides over to Mia, grabs the blonde's forearm and lifts her off the ground to face him in one fell swoop. Damn, if I were her, I'd be terrified. Yeah, he looks that angry.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" he demands fiercely.

"S-Sirius! I was just—" she stammers out, trying to make up a quick excuse for why she threw a rock in my face.

Does an excuse even exist for something like that? Oh, sorry, there was a speck of dirt on her face, so I was helping her brush it off... with a giant rock.

"Just what?" Sirius asks, the look on his face bordering on pure contempt. "You know, Mia, I've been letting you off for harassing any and all of my girlfriends over the past few years. But Cecilia? That is goddamn pushing it," he finishes through gritted teeth.

"B-but!" Mia stutters, tears now watering her eyes.

Dang, if she hadn't thrown a rock at me, I would almost pity her... Actually, no, sorry, I just can't get over it. A rock? Really, Mia, really?!

Sirius just shoves her arm away. "Get out of here before I do something I regret."

Mia just stands there frozen in shock, but Sirius glowers at her again.

"MOVE IT!"

After a final glare at the girls' retreating backs as they run away sobbing a string of profanities at me, Sirius runs over to hop over the broken greenhouse wall and help me up.

"Cecilia!" Sirius grabs my arm and lifts me up into his arms to heft me up and out of the greenhouse. "What did they—are you okay?" he asks, worry lining his face.

I gesture at my concussed head with my eyes and look back at him pointedly.

"Okay, stupid question," Sirius admits before using his sleeve to dab at the blood beginning to run down the side of my head. "How the hell did you get into this mess?"

Gooooood question.

"It was going fine before your insane fangirl threw a freakin' rock in my face!" I say defensively. "She only called me out to talk and, yeah, okay it could've gone way worse, but really I'm fine..." And at that, I begin to feel my head lolling back dizzily and my eyesight starting to blur. "Whoa... the rainbows getting pretty wonky now..."

Sirius' eyes narrow in concern at my nonsensical words and he snaps his fingers in front of my face. "Oi, snap out of it!"

"Hey!" I smack his hand away with the back of my palm. "I have the most insane concussion right now and you're preventing me from passing out?"

"You're not supposed to pass out when you have a concussion!"

"Well, what am I supposed to do then?"

"Stay awake until I carry you back to the Hospital Wing and Madam Pomfrey takes a look at you!"

"You don't have to bloody carry me!"

"Yes, I bloody do!"

"Stop yelling at me!"

"Whoa, and here I thought I'd walk into the middle of an epic battle between Sirius and Mia, but you two are just having a row again!" I hear a voice come from around the greenhouse corner.