Friendships and all relationships in general have ups and downs, don't they?

I turned the other way and walked into school instead.  I caught sight of Melissa running into Mrs. Chamberlain and knew my mom was already coming the very same way.

I took a break to put my books away and avoid all the eye contact that I could get. I had two people to avoid and since they were meeting with other people... that made all the more people to avoid.

''Hey.'' Holy shi- I jumped and nearly had a heart attack as I closed my locker shut, only to reveal a head behind the door. Thankfully, it was attached to the rest of her body.

''Hey, Sally. Is your arm better?''

She shrugged and pointed to the cast around her wrist.
''Could be worse. I wanted to ask if you still had your notes of the History lectures from last year? Extra curriculum students and juniors having difficulties might need them. I mean, I would have asked Adam but-''
''He writes like a pig. Got it.'' I chuckled and adjusted my bag.
''Sure, they must be somewhere in my house. I'll look into it tonight and get back at you as soon as I can.''

''Thank you, you are just about saving my life,'' she raised her injured arm, ''No joke needed here.''

''No problem, really.''

She walked away and I was left standing there with a mission: I now had to look for notes of the past year. I knew I had them somewhere since mom never threw away anything, but still, I had that to add that to the list of my problems.

I looked up and my eye caught a sight of mauve.
The shirt wasn't moving toward me but had a straight path as it raised up ever so slightly with its movements.

Mauve shirt, a flower pattern in the middle, the one she'd had on the first time we'd kissed.

My eyes met the floor and lost sight of Hope as she left through the blue double doors.

                                                  ☾

Come to house. HURRY.

The text that Melissa had sent was more than clear.
Worried that something might have happened to her, given our general luck, I'd jumped into my car and left for the abandoned house with not so much as a text on the way to notify my mom about my departure.

Once there, I didn't even bother to lock the car as I parked in the road beside the house.
I ran through the woods and to the house, bursting the already destroyed door open.

''What happened?'' Faye, Nick and Cassie were also present in the room along with Melissa.

They all turned their heads to me.

''Finally! You didn't reply to my text.'' Melissa said as she turned around, striding toward me while titling her head every so often.

''Sorry,'' I mumbled as I looked around. Everything was the same, but a suitcase on a round table that I knew I'd never seen before. ''I forgot. Just drove as fast as I could.''

Melissa didn't reply but let out a smile and turned back around toward the table.

I looked around and met Cassie's eyes.
''What's happening?''

She didn't answer and instead looked back and forth between me and the strange dirty suitcase on the table.

''Have you heard of Diana?'' Melissa turned to me.