Surprise

2 weeks later

Brielle
I handed the nurse at the nurses' station my patient chart and I turned and walked away when I felt this sharp pain I gasped and immediately grabbed my stomach.

"Brielle are you okay?"

"No Cyra I'm not um can you call Dr. Taliyah for me please."

"Yeah. Do you need to me to place you in a room and take your vitals?"

"Please."

Nurse Cyra nodded she stood up and walked around the desk she walked over to me and lead me over to a patient room I sat down on the bed and she took my vitals.

"Change into this gown for me and Dr. Taliyah will be right in," nurse Cyra spoke as she handed me the gown.

I nodded she walked out closing the door I slowly stood up and changed out of my clothes I saw some blood I said a prayer as I quickly changed. This can't be happening right now.

"What's wrong Bri?"

"I felt this sharp pain and I'm bleeding."

"Okay I'm going to do an ultrasound."

I quickly nodded nurse Cyra walked in with the ultrasound machine.

"Nurse Cyra can you draw some blood for me?"

"Yes ma'am."

Nurse Cyra walked out.

"Liyah I can't have be having a miscarriage this going to crush O."

"I'm sure it's something else okay don't get yourself worked up stay calm for me please."

"You're about 8 weeks right?"

"Yeah."

"Okay so just like your first ultrasound this one is going to be transvaginal."

I only nodded and wiped my eyes and bent my legs back Liyah got stared on my ultrasound.

"Oh my god,"she spoke.

I quickly looked up at Liyah.

"What?"

Liyah didn't say anything.

"Liyah what don't play with me right now you're scaring me," I spoke.

"Calm down."

"How can I be calm right now when you-," Liyah cut me off by turning the ultrasound screen towards me.

"You're having twins baby B finally is showing so that pain you felt was baby B coming from behind baby A."

Nurse Cyra walked in and she got started on drawing blood.

"Identical or fraternal," I asked.

"As you can see they're both in the same sack so they're identical."

I covered my mouth as my eyes watered.

"The bleeding was probably from you overworking yourself and stressing over something once I get your lab work back I'll know for sure."

"Okay."

Liyah finished up the ultrasound she handed me the pictures and walked out of the room nurse Cyra followed behind her I put my legs down and called out but only to get his voicemail then he sent me a text asking can we talk later I sighed and placed my phone back down. He's been ignoring my calls all week and I don't know what's going on or what to think.

"Nurse Brielle are you okay," Chief Bailey said as she walked in.

"Yes ma'am."

"I was walking the floor looking for you to check in on you and Dr. Taliyah told me you was in here is everything okay with the baby."

"Yes ma'am I um had this sharp pain and when I was changing into my gown I saw some blood so Nurse Cyra is going to run some labs and the pain I felt was baby B coming from behind baby A I'm carrying twins."

"Congratulations."

"Thank you."

"You're probably stressing about something so once you get your lab results back take the rest of the day off."

"Okay."

"I'll have your labs expedited and have Dr. Taliyah to send your midwife the ultrasound pictures that we have."

"Okay."

Chief Bailey smiled and walked out of the room I sent O a text telling him that he need to come and pick me up ASAP. He immediately called me as soon as I answered the phone he started asking questions and I answered none I told him we'll talk when we get home.

35 minutes later

Odell
I hope the baybeh is okay and there's nothing wrong I know I'm wrong for ignoring Bri calls all week but it's because I've been planning the proposal/engagement party when Bri called me I was at the venue with the planner. I pulled up to the hospital Liyah wheeled Bri out of the hospital I quickly got out and walked over to the passenger side. I helped Bri out of the wheelchair and into my Rolls Royce.

"Everything good Liyah," I asked.

"My bestie will tell you."

"Alright."

Liyah nodded and unlocked the wheelchair and walked away I closed the passenger door and got in the driver seat I put my seatbelt on.

"Can you stop by Chic-Fil-A please," Bri said as I drove away from the hospital.

"Yeah."

I glanced over at Bri something was off I can feel it.

"Why you've been ignoring me O?"

"I can't say yet because it's a surprise for you and ion wanna ruin it."

"You're not cheating?"

"Hell no."

"Okay so this surprise will it make me cry?"

"Yes and it's going to change the both of our lives for the better."

Bri sighed.

"Wished I could know now."

"You will soon enough. What's going on with you and my baybeh?"

"Once I show you promise me you won't crash?"

"I promise."

Bri nodded she went in her purse and handed me the ultrasound pictures I looked at them and my mouth dropped.

"Surprise we're having twins identical twins at that. Earlier I had felt a sharp pain in my stomach and I immediately had nurse Cyra place me in a room and had her call Liayh once she took my vitals I had changed into the gown and I saw blood. Liyah came in and my did my ultrasound and she told me that I'm pregnant with twins and baby B was hiding behind baby A and he/she finally came out of hiding and my labs came back normal the blood I saw was from stress."

"I'm sorry baybeh I won't stress you out anymore and I'll make sure to always answer your calls no matter what."

"Unless you're in a conference meeting at work or with a client at work."

"Right."

"Just wait until our parents find out that we're pregnant with twins."

"Oh yeah they're reaction is going to be crazy."

"Right."

I pulled up to Chic-Fil-A I drove around to the drive-thru I rolled down the window as soon as the cashier greeted us Bri leaned over me and placed her order then I placed my order.