The ER

November 5, 2018

Odell
I'm finally 26 years old and I'm spending my morning in the ER I was trying to set up the crib for my little sister and instead of hitting the nail I hit my thumb. I had went to my pops to take me to the hospital instead of my mama taking me cause she tend to get really emotional. Brielle is the nurse who's seeing me about my thumb and when she saw me she was surprised to see me she asked me the simple questions and I responded then she went from there. There was a knock at the door Brielle walked back in with a wheelchair.

"Alright Odell I talked with the doctor and he has ordered for you to get an x-ray done over your thumb."

"Okay."

I stood up from the patient bed and walked over to the wheelchair and sat down Brielle unlocked the wheelchair and wheeled me out of the room.

"Happy Birthday by the way."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Brielle walked over to the door and used her i.d. the doors opened and she pushed me through the double doors.

"How have your day been going so far Brielle?"

"Very busy."

"Oh okay."

"Does Ms. VanNorman know that you're here?"

"Nope with us she tends to get a overly emotional about things so I went with my pops."

"That's how mothers are well expect my mine."

"I've been meaning to call you but are you flying out to California for your grandmother's funeral."

"Yeah I am."

I nodded we walked into the x-ray room. The technician greeted me Brielle walked away.

After getting my thumb x-rayed we're now heading back to the patient room. We arrived back to the room I was in Brielle locked the wheelchair in place and I stood up sitting back on the patient bed.

"The doctor will be in with you about your results."

"Alright."

Brielle smiled and unlocked the wheelchair she pulled it back from the door and closed the door.

"Is that Calvin daughter?"

"Yessir."

"Oh okay."

"What's the relationship between you two?"

"I'm her accountant and we're working towards building a friendship."

"Oh okay is she coming to your dinner?"

"Nah pops I'm sure she has to work."

"You didn't even ask her did you?"

"Nope."

"And why not if you two are building a friendship I'm sure she would've liked to got an invite."

"I'm distancing myself from her some."

"Why?"

"Pops she's beautiful for one and definitely my type with her rich chocolate skin and I'm not trying to cross those boundaries with her."

"Ahh I see."

"What," I said turning my face towards my pops.

"You're not trying to let your feelings for her develop."

"Exactly she hired me to be her accountant not her lover."

"That's going to change within the next couple of months."