The Best Christmas Gift

3 weeks later—December 25, 2018

Brielle
I woke up to O kissing my face I smiled up at him.

"Good morning beautiful."

I was about to respond until I felt the urge to throw up I pushed O out of my way and ran to the bathroom. I quickly lifted up the seat and emptied my guts I felt O pull my hair back and rubbed my back. I flushed the toilet and slowly stood up O wiped my mouth.

"You okay?"

"Yeah."

I turned and brushed my teeth.

"You need anything while I'm out getting Taliyah and Shawn?"

I spit out the toothpaste and gargled with the mouthwash.

"No I'm good," I said and wiped my mouth.

"Okay."

O walked out of the bathroom I turned on the shower and stripped out of my clothes. I'm a week late and all of the signs and symptoms I've been having I already know what it is.

After my shower I walked out of the bathroom with the towel wrapped around me.

"BABE," I called out.

My phone dinged I looked down seeing O message I sat my phone on the bed and walked into the closet to get dressed.

Once I was dressed I grabbed my purse, phone and keys. I walked out of the room going down the stairs. I walked over to the door and unlocked it I walked out I turned and locked the door back. I walked over to my Jeep I unlocked the doors and got back in.

Thirty minutes later
I made it back to the house before O I quickly went inside and locked the door back. I rushed back upstairs and into the bathroom I lifted up the seat once again throwing up. Once I re-brushes my teeth I went in the bag I got from Walgreens.

"BABYEH WHERE YOU AT," O called.

I heard O walk in the room thank god I locked the door.

"I'M IN THE BATHROOM BABE I'LL BE RIGHT OUT," I called out.

I heard O walk up to the door.

"You good babe?"

"Yeah I'm good."

I hope I thought. O turned the knob.

"Babe unlock the door," O said as he jiggled the knob.

I quickly grabbed some tissue and wrapped what I had up and placed it in my sports bra I grabbed the bag and bawled it up I walked over to the door and unlocked it.

"You good?"

"Yeah Liyah here?"

"Downstairs in the kitchen."

I nodded and walked out of the room and down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen and placed the bag in the trash can I walked over to Liyah and hugged her.

"Hey bestie."

"Hey best fran."

"Let's get started."

I nodded Liyah got the pots and pans out and I went in the refrigerator getting out all of the breakfast items.

"Did you and O go to Jersey yesterday?"

"No my dad and brothers are coming here."

"Oh okay."

"How are you and O?"

"We're good."

"That's good."

"What about you and Shawn?"

"We're good."

"Still got him on that 90-day probation period?"

"Girl no as much as I tried to avoid him and not have sex I ended up having sex with him last week and it was amazing."

"Okay don't go into details."

"Trust me I won't."

I connected my phone to my speaker and started playing music while me and Liyah cook breakfast.

******************************************

Odell
Breakfast is now over and both families are here and now we're exchanging gifts. Bri have been going back and forth to the bathroom. She already opened her gifts from me and now it's my turn. Bri handed me my gifts and I thanked her. I opened all of my gifts and gave her a hug and a kiss.

"Thank you again for my gifts baybeh."

"You're welcome."

"I have one more surprise for you?"

"Oh yeah."

Bri nodded grabbed her laptop and unlocked it she handed it to me. I read the screen.

"Yo you serious?"

Bri nodded and smiling.

"What it say O?"

"We're going to Paris for New Years we leave in 3 days this is one of the best Christmas gifts I got."

I hugged Bri again.

"Bri can I talk to you in private?"

"Yeah."

I helped Bri yo and we made our way out of the living room going into the kitchen.

"You pregnant?"

"I thought I was but the test I took came out negative," Bri pulled the pregnancy test from her sports bra.

I took the test and looked at it.

"I'm a week late which never happened to me and I've been tired, fatigue and me throwing up so I thought I was but the test came back negative."

"Double check cause I didn't pull out 3 weeks ago when we had sex."

"I know you didn't O but I will double check."

"Alright."

We walked back into the living room and sat back down. I wrapped my arm around Bri and kissed the side of her forehead.

"Bri you ready to come back to the hospital," Liyah asked.

"Yeah."

Liyah nodded.

"Alright you kids go do something us adults are going to get started on dinner," my mama spoke.

Me, Bri, Liyah, and Shawn stood up about to head in the kitchen when my mama stopped us.

"Where y'all going?"

"To the kitchen."

"Go find something to do."

"We're adults ma."

"Don't care bye."

We all smacked our teeth and walked away.

"What are we going to do?"

"Guess we go play in the snow like big kids."

"Cool."

We all walked upstairs Taliyah and Shawn went into the guest room while me and Bri went into our room. I closed and locked the door I walked up to Bri and wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her neck she turned towards me and kissed me. I picked her up and walked her towards the dresser bout to get a quickie in before we go outside and act like big ass kids. I sat Bri on the dresser I went in the top drawer and got a condom gotta strap back up until Bri get on birth control.