The recognizeable suitor

Começar do início

"If your significant other comes along, but you love someone else who would you choose?" I ask hesitantly. "I would choose the person I love. I can't rule a kingdom with someone I have no interest in," Alfred answered as I smile slightly. A man who would marry for love huh. We made it to the dining area as we (well they) started eating, I just stared at the plate full of food. "Well honey you can eat it. It is yours after all," Yao chuckled as I stare at him confused. I hesitantly start to eat as my eyes go wide. "It's delicious! Thank you Yao," I thanked as I continued eating. "My pleasure Arthur. Can I ask, but are you the son of Allistor Kirkland?" Yao asked as I stare at him surprised. "Uhh yeah. How did you know that?" I asked surprised. "Françoise and I would always talk when they came over. She would always talk about her 'petite Arthur'. Shame what happened to her," Yao explained as I look down sadly.

Alfred noticed the sad atmosphere so he immediately tried to brighten it by telling a funny story. Yao figured out what he was doing and continued as I let out tiny laughs already feeling myself letting go of the sadness. "Sir we have visitors," the butler announced as I again searched for shelter by Alfred. Yao noticed cause he sent the butler away. "Don't worry darling. It's just another suitor for Alfred," Yao explained as Alfred groaned again. "Why!" He yelled. I flinch, which he obviously noticed and lowered his voice immediately. "Because you didn't find anyone. Now go... I would give Arthur company," Alfred was pushed to the door by the mother like advisor and Yao returned to me. "Yao it seems like you have a visitor as well," Alfred winks as Yao blush.

Suddenly the King of Clubs (I think his name is Ivan) came running in and gave Yao a big hug. I watch in surprise as they hug each other. Wow... Maybe what Alfred said was true. They really can't choose their lovers...

"Yao who is this?" the King asked as I habitually bowed. "Oh this is Arthur. He is staying here as a guest of the King," Yao explained as the King nodded. "Well I'm the King of Clubs. But you can call me Ivan," he introduced as I nodded and introduced myself. We, well mostly they, talked for about an hour as I waited for Alfred to return. Why is he taking so long. Is he falling in love with her... Wait why would I care?!

I suddenly think about what Alfred said earlier and decided to ask the happy 'friends'. "Hey sorry for interrupting, but I have a question," I shyly said as the two faced me and urged me to continue. "Alfred mentioned earlier that he heard theories that fate chooses a queen and a king. So they can't marry who they love, it is chosen for them," I explained what Alfred said earlier as Ivan looks down sadly. "Oh sweetie Alfred was trying to cover it up..." Yao mumbled as his hand inched closer to Ivan's.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I refused to believe Alfred lied to me. "Well it isn't a theory, it's true. We don't get to choose our queen or king, fate does that. That's why a lot of members of royalty have side relationships. Like the King of Hearts, Ludwig has a crush on the Jack of hearts. My queen has a side relationship with the Jack of Clubs. I don't mind since I don't really love her," Ivan explained as I looked down.

"I don't think Alfred meant to lie to you. He hates the fact that fate will choose a lover for him. He likes to think he will get to choose his lover. And maybe he just doesn't want to hurt you in thinking he is out for power and every king is also like that. I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt you," Yao tried to explain. "So Alfred doesn't like that rule?" I asked again, looking up. "None of us do. Matthew, Alfred's brother,  had it specifically hard though. He had to watch his mom and dad keep having different relationships so he grew up without a sense of love," Ivan explained as he sighed. It was silent as we all just thought to ourselves.

"I'm gonna look around the castle," I announced, but also looked at Yao for approval. "Oh yeah. Wait just a minute, I have an outfit for you to wear instead of those pajamas. Wait here sweetheart," Yao ordered as he ran upstairs. "He is way to overdramatic sometimes," Ivan chuckled as we started talking about random stuff. Yao came back with an outfit and handed it to me. I looked around for a while till Yao showed me to a dresser a few rooms away, Ivan followed us as him and Yao waited outside. I quickly got dressed as I examined myself in the mirror.

I had on a wide spread white skirt. I also had on a white dress shirt with a dark blue almost navy vest. With that I had almost like a long sleeved coat, also a blue color, with dark spade symbols on it. To top it off I had stockings and flats, also a little hat that was attached to a hairband. I twirled in the mirror examining myself blushing slightly. This looks like something a queen should wear! Why did he give me this...

"I'm not so sure about this Yao...!" I called as I blushed at the sight of the reflection. "C'mon let us see," Yao answered as I hesitantly stepped out. Yao and Ivan was in awe as I got even more embarrassed. "Sweetheart you look beautiful," Yao encouraged hugging me. I didn't hug back, but didn't push him away either. "Wait until Alfred sees you. He's going to flip," Ivan commented making me blush more. Yao let go of me and smiled. "Now that you are dressed explore the castle. Just don't go too far," Yao urged as they went back to the kitchen and I started looking around. I went through almost the entire castle as I open a door and was met by a scene making my heart break for whatever reason.

Alfred was ballroom dancing with I guess the suitor as she leaned against him a smile plastered on her face. Alfred noticed me and stopped dancing completely. I was speechless to say the least. "Oh...oh I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to intrude. I'm so sorry your majesty," I apologized as the girl who Alfred was dancing with turned to face me as my face dropped realizing who it is.

"Arthur! King Francis has been searching for you the whole night. He's angry as hell, because of it," the girl said as I recognized her as one of the maids who talked outside my door the day I ran away. "I'm going to tell King Francis as soon as I get home. How dare you make him so angry and sad," she scolded moving closer to me. I stepped back as she kept coming closer. Suddenly Alfred grabs her by the wrist, pulled her closer and whispered something in her ear. A smirk grew on her face as he continued. I felt my heart beat increase as well as shatter as I stare at the two.

"Hmm you got yourself a deal Jones. I wouldn't tell Francis as long as you pay me with a thousand diamonds (A/N Currency in the kingdom of Diamonds. I'm so creative lol😂). I stare at him surprised. A thousand diamonds. No way! I'm not worth that much! I was about to object when the girl skipped out after giving Alfred her banking records and her debts. Alfred sighed tiredly as he looked through it. "You do realize I'm not worth anything near a thousand diamonds," I finally pointed out when I could speak again. "Yeah you are worth wayyyy more than that," Alfred replied as I stare at him wide eyed and with a blush on my face. "Plus I would never let that bastard near you ever again," Alfred chuckled at my expression. He examined what I was wearing.

"Let me guess. Yao's idea," he guessed as I nodded. "Wow. He did a great job, you look so cute," Alfred pointed out as the blush grew darker. "Shut...Shut up you idiot," I insulted and immediately regretted it when he didn't respond. I was afraid I did something wrong till Alfred chuckled. "I like the confident side of you. Let me take another guess, you were touring the castle," Alfred guessed again as I nodded. "Well c'mon then. You haven't seen the best part yet," Alfred grabbed my hand and led me outside.

The castle is already beautiful. What can be more brilliant than that...

Plus how am I worth more than a thousand diamonds. I'm worth nothing... Or at least that's what people told me...

Finally got this done!Anyway. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and will read further

Bye bye lovelies