Ch. 27 "Update: Patient Growled"

Depuis le début

A honk startles me. I turn to see Willow and Aaron in a jeep, waving at me.

"Cassie, need a ride?" Aaron asks.

"I'm fine," I say and start walking.

Aaron steps on the gas to follow me slowly as I walk alone the sidewalk. I sigh and stop to look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Just let me give you a ride," Aaron pleads. "As your friend."

"We're not friends," I pause, "but okay."

To: Luke Hart, Superman

Update: patient's girlfriend getting into car with Aaron and Willow

He laughs and sticks out his hand to help me into the jeep. I leap, but only make it halfway. I'm partially on Aaron's lap and partially on the street. His arm wraps around my waist to pull me into the jeep.

I feel his hand start to lower to my butt, so I panic and practically jump on top of Willow.

"Sorry," I mumble. I place a hand on Aaron's shoulder and say, "I have a boyfriend."

His eyes widen and he shakes his head rapidly. "No, no, no! I-I wasn't trying to touch your butt. I was trying to help!"

"Okay, Aaron," Willow laughs.

"The one time I try to be a gentleman," he mutters and starts moving the car down the street.

From: Luke Hart

Update: patient growled

I smile and do my best not to start laughing. Willow suddenly holds onto my arm, excitedly shaking it.

"How are you? How is winter break so far?"

I nod, "good. How are you doing?"

"Great!" she cries with a huge smile. "Are you going to Greece?"

"I am," I inform. "It's pretty exciting. I've always wanted to go to Greece and now my dream is coming true."

"I'm jealous!"

The irony though.

"Willow is hoping her dreams come true this winter break too," Aaron muses with a laugh. "She thinks Clark is actually going to want to be her girlfriend."

I look to Willow, who is frowning from Aaron's tone. He was mocking her, heartlessly. I almost feel bad for her, even though I know that her dreams won't be coming true.

"He likes you anyways," she sighs.

"That's not true," I say slowly.

Aaron laughs, "okay, Cassie. We're not idiots."

"He always talks about you. It's just like, why can't a boy talk about me that way?" she asks rhetorically.

"Willow's not jealous or anything," Aaron jokes, finding this situation hilarious.

"I mean, at least you are gorgeous. It's good competition."

I laugh awkwardly, feeling the uncomfortableness in this situation. "Oh, Aaron, this is the house."

From: Luke Hart

Update: patient waits patiently at front door

I can't help but smile giddily. It takes a lot of self-containment not to jump out of the jeep and run to Trent's door.

"Well, have fun, Cassie!" Willow cheers and helps me climb out of the car.

"Same goes to you guys," I reciprocate. "Thanks for the ride."