Ch. 40 "You And I Collide"

Chapter 40

"Surprise!"

I cover my mouth, grinning from ear-to-ear as I look at the crowd of people with party hats and confetti.

Everyone is yelling happy birthday to me all at once. I see all of my friends, grinning or dancing or drinking or just having a blast. It makes me happy.

I see Emerson, Trent, and Braden. I see Peter, Grace, and Clayton. I see Anthony and even Willow, who I'm surprisingly not upset to see. Everyone's here.

Kyle had just taken me out to dinner for my birthday, and I thought we were just going back to mine to watch a movie.

"Did you do this?" I ask Kyle, smiling up at my boyfriend.

He nods and kisses my nose. I bury my head into his chest as I hug him tightly.

"Happy birthday, honeybun!" Luke cries and pulls me away from Kyle.

I giggle and hug Luke as well. Kyle gets agitated and decides to take me back, pressing my back to his chest, his arms wrapping around my waist.

"Guess who came!" Luke challenges with an excited grin, ignoring Kyle's possessiveness that was actually kind of hot.

"Uh..I'm hoping like-"

"Wrong!" Luke cuts me off.

"Oh," I breathe as Kyle chuckles at his friend.

"I, the greatest best friend slash manager slash famous person in the world, have invited the one and only.." he pauses for dramatic effect. "Logan Lerman!"

Kyle drops his hands from around my waist and moves to put them on Luke's shoulders. "Luke, why the hell would you invite my girlfriend's celebrity crush to her birthday party?"

Luke squints as he thinks about an answer. "I don't really know."

I laugh and hug Kyle from behind. There's no reason for him to be worried; I'm all his. He spins around in my grip to kiss the top of my head.

"Remember, Kyle, I'm not really Logan's type," I remind him of his own words teasingly.

He rolls his eyes. "You're everybody's type, Cassie."

"Not true," Luke objects.

I hold a hand to my heart in offense. "Well, that hurt a little bit."

"Please," Kyle laughs, "Luke had a major crush on you after that first day you guys met."

I gape at Luke, a teasing smile on my face. "Oh really?"

Luke just rolls his eyes. He looks across the room, a new smile coming on his face. He takes my hand in his and starts dragging me behind him.

I trip over my own feet when I attempt to look back at Kyle and end up on the floor.

"And that would be Cassidy," Luke says, not moving to help me off the floor.

I look up to see Logan Lerman, a small smile on his face. He bends down and sticks out his hand to help me.

Oh damn.

I blush and take his hand, pushing myself off the ground. "Thank you, Logan Lerman."

He laughs, "you're welcome. Happy birthday, Cassidy Nelson."

My eyes widen at my name coming out of his mouth. Shit, he's even more gorgeous in person.

Just as I'm about to compliment him on his face, my boyfriend comes out of nowhere with his arm wrapped around my waist securely.