Ch. 13 "Below Average"

Chapter 13

"Did you even study, Cassie?" Clayton asks as we walk out of the history classroom.

I shake my head and stare my paper in disappointment. "I was just really busy this weekend."

I decide not to mention what with, since I don't think Kyle would appreciate me telling everyone about what we did. But it wasn't even like he cried that night, for he refuses to talk about it. Honestly though, I don't care that much. He still opened up to me. It's definite that he's hiding something, so of course I'm going to find out what that is.

"Doing what?"

"Your mom," I sass back with an eye roll.

Clayton looks at me in shock and I mumble an apology, though I wasn't exactly sorry. I thought it was kind of funny.

"You seem stressed," he says once we stop at his locker.

"I am," I admit. "My dad's away and I have work and of course Trent is helping with Frankie but it's still so stressful and homework and there's no time for studying!"

Because I'm spending all my time with Kyle..

"I say we bring back our study group," he suggests. "And you could even invite Clark."

"Don't wiggle your eyebrows like that," I order, trying my best to hide the blush creeping on my cheeks. "But I agree with the study group."

"Great! Talk to Emerson and Braden. I'll ask Grace and Peter. Oh, and don't forget to ask Clark." He winks before walking the opposite way.

I roll my eyes and head outside to the courtyard. On the way there I pass Willow and her friends. It's not like I know any of them, but they all stop talking to stare at me.

I wave out of confusion, but they all just roll their eyes and turn back to their circle. Willow shoots me a half-smile when no one is looking, which I find pretty weird.

"Cassidy!" Kyle calls my name and runs over to walk with me. "I kind of need to talk to you."

"Okay," I say slowly. "What's up?"

He stops walking and takes my arm, pulling us out of the flow of people walking from class to class. Before talking, he looks around to make sure no one is in on our conversation.

"You're going to hate me."

"I love where this is going," I muse sarcastically.

Kyle grins, shaking his head slightly. "Not a time for your sarcasm, Nelson."

"Just tell me what you did, loser," I order and shove him back slightly. "I'm ready to kick your ass anyways."

"Lovely," he says with a smile. "Now, you have to know that this was completely accidental and I'm doing my best to fix it. But I might of sort of kind of sent out a tweet on my real twitter..and..it was supposed to be on Clark's."

"What did this tweet say?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest with a stern glare.

"Cassidy Nelson sucks dick."

My jaw drops and I look at Kyle, not believing what he just told me. Fury ignites in me and there's nothing that stops me from punching Kyle in the balls.

He hunches over and holds himself. His face is all red when he looks back up at me. I just shoot him a fake smile as he curses under his breath.

"When I imagined you touching my dick, it wasn't exactly like this," he wheezes.

"What the hell were you thinking?" I yell, not caring if anyone was listening to our conversation. I'm too pissed to care. "Oh wait, you weren't thinking because you never think!"