"What if we have a lass?" Kathryn sighed.  "Ye will be the same with her."

"Nae, we willna have any lasses," Grant chuckled out and shivered as well thinking about having a daughter.  "Tis lads that ye and I will have."

"Ye dinna wish for at least one lass Grant?" Kathryn said to her husband sounding annoyed.  Typical male only wanting males.

"I will take whatever God gift's us with Kathryn, but nae, I dinna wish for a lass," Grant murmured in her hair.   Before Kathryn could say more, he continued.  "I dinna wish for a lass because I'm nae sure that I could allow her leave the castle.   I understand tis what most lasses do when they marry, but twill be hard to let her go."

Kathryn was happy with Grant's answer, her heart constricted a bit at his confession.   She would feel the same watching her daughter marry and then move away, even though she has now done the same.   "Well, if we allow her a love match, she may marry the stable boy," Kathryn grinned thinking that Grant would be furious if their daughter wanted to marry the stable boy.

"If she falls in love with someone from the village, someone who works in the castle, then she will remain here with us.   I would wish that for our daughter, as long as she is happy," Grant said as he grazed his knuckles across Kathryn's cheek.

"So, tis lads that ye think we will have?" Kathryn smiled up at him.  

"Aye, my Da thinks so as well," Grant grinned back.  "Twas my Da who said that Ian will have the lasses and ye and I will have the lads."

"Och...poor Ian," Kathryn groaned out.  "Dinna tell him so, all men wish for at least one lad."

"Aye, I suppose so," Grant said taking another sip of wine and then offering some to Kathryn.

He took Kathryn's hand now, the one now adorned with the ring that was supposed to be his Mother's.  The rubies sparkled in the fire light, it fit her perfectly, as if it was made for her.   

"Tis verra beautiful," Kathryn murmured staring at her hand which Grant held as he caressed the ring with his thumb.

"Twas suppose to be my Mama's," Grant said resting his cheek on her head.   "She died before my Da could give it to her."

"I am honoured to be wearing it then Grant," Kathryn softly said to him.  "I will cherish it always."

Grant turned her hand over and looked at the small cut that he made on her wrist.   A deep sense of emotion crashed through him remembering not long ago the blood vows that they shared together.  A thin line it was with some dried blood on it.   He brought it to his lips, kissed it and then drew the tip of his tongue over it.   He found her pulse point and rested his tongue there feeling her pulse increase.

Her hand crept up to cradle the side of his face as Grant started to kiss up to her palm.    He could hear her breathing, it deepened and was becoming laboured, just as his was.   She tilted her head and placed her warm lips at the base of throat where his shirt laces were undone and opened.

Cupping her face, Grant brought his lips down to hers.  She tasted of the honeyed wine, so sweet, her lips were lush and warm.    The first feeling of his tongue caressing her lips, Kathryn opened to him and allowed her tongue to mate with her husband's.   She twisted in his arms now, trying to get closer while she wrapped her free hand around his neck.  There she found his hair that curled at the nape of his neck and gently tugged on it.

A low growl deep in his throat, Grant loved it when she pulled on his hair.  It aroused him even more, he loved the bit of boldness to her.   Slowly he eased them both down, Grant resting on his elbow and Kathryn now beneath him.   He brought his other hand up to caress one of her breasts, it fit perfectly in his hand.   The nipple beaded in a tight peak and Grant couldn't resist so he suckled her through that fabric of her gown.