Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Kathryn stood there motionless, thinking of what Grant just said to her.   His head was bowed, his hair cascading over the hard lines of his jaw, his hands just hung down his sides.  He looked defeated.

"I've always been yours Grant," Kathryn whispered back to him, so softly that she wasn't sure that he had heard her.    He did though for when he raised his head, his eyes connected with hers and Kathryn felt a burning sensation course through her body.   He was searching for her soul and she was hoping that when he found it, he would find what he needed.   Reassurance that she was his and his alone.

She slowly took steps towards him, their eyes were locked in a trance together, her blood was pounding through her veins.  When finally she stopped in front of him, she gingerly took her hand and caressed the fallen hair out of his eyes.  Such a beautiful man he was, dark and dangerous, that excited Kathryn.    When he tipped his head and he cradled it in the palm of her hand, Kathryn was lost.

She knelt now in front of him, wanting to get as close to him as possible.  Both of her hands cradling his cheeks, her eyes softly caressing his face, she wanted to memorize each and every contour.  Even though the room was dark, they were in front of the firelight and Kat could see all that she needed to see.

She slowly brought his face down to hers and she watched as he closed his eyes in anticipation.   She kissed his forehead, each of his eyes, his cheek, peppering lingering kisses along his jaw-line until she reached his lips.    "I love ye," she murmured against them and placed her warm ones to his.  

The feel of her warm soft lips against his, Grant knew that he was a lost man.   He drank in her sweetness and was going to accept all she had to offer him.   She was the most alluring woman he had ever met.  She got under his skin, made him ache and burn for more than just a tumble.  She made him think of the future, a future with her by his side, with children of their own.  No one ever made him feel this way before.  

"I love ye" she told him again.  Hearing those words from her made his heart ache even more.   He knew he had the love of his Da, his brothers and their wives, the children, but love from a woman?   This was new to him and something he once thought that he would shy away from, but love from Kathryn, Grant found was what he wanted.  Was what he needed.  

She whimpered when he pulled out of the kiss.   As much as he wanted to continue kissing her, there was much he needed to say.   Sliding down, Grant seated himself in front of the fire and pulled Kathryn into his embrace.  They sat silently staring into the flames, his arms wrapped around her waist, she snuggled into his chest.

The smell of her soft floral scent assaulted his senses, he knew he would want to wake up to her every day for the rest of his life.   Cupping one side of her face and pulling the other side into the crook of his neck.  He wanted her as close as possible to him.   Placing a tender kiss on to her head, he nuzzled his face in her hair and sighed.

"Twas verra wrong of me this morn Kat," Grant murmured softly as he pulled her even tighter into him.  "Twas a fool, I was.  I treated ye poorly, for that I am sorry."

"Grant..." Kat whispered out, but he cut her off by placing his fingers to her lips.

"Hush, love..." he huskily whispered back.   "Tis more that I wish to say."  Closing his eyes now Grant fought for courage to bare his soul to her.   "When I first saw ye at Castle Campbell, ye were just a wee lass but I already knew that ye would be a beauty.   I noticed the colour of your eyes, tis like brown velvet they are.   Such innocence as ye stared up at me, twas already lost in them I was. "