Chp.1 Break the Routine

Rick's POV
I was starting to wonder when I would ever find a mate. I've been seeing everyone else around me find that special someone to spend their life with and it made me feel lonely. My family has been shaming me for so long about it but it just recently started weighing on me. Bump all of that though, I had to get ready for my shitty job, I thought to myself looking at my phone. I put my uniform out and then started the water for my shower. While I was in my shower I started daydreaming about the angel that I was blessed to work with. He had amazing deep green eyes, with beautiful black hair and a smile that could brighten up the future of the most sinful being. He was lovely and I wanted him to be mine.

Thinking about his beauty while I was in the shower was a frequent action of mine, followed by naughty thoughts and me getting handsy with myself. But, Hey, I can't resist.

Soon I was ready and left for getting paid to have my energy drained. Completely.

I clocked in and got to work in my section. I worked at a clothing store that sold other things too but mainly clothes. I hated it but I needed the money, soooo...why not. Since I stayed with my amazing siblings, I felt that I should indulge in making money too. I finished school early and I am only 16, why not get a job before college starts.

"Hey Ricky!" I heard a honey like voice say behind me. I turned to see my four-eyed beauty walking down the walk way in my section. " Hi," I quickly say excitedly before going back to my work. As he passed, I could smell the amazing scent coming off of him. Fuuughhck, why do Alphas smell so good? I thought to myself as I tried not to feel aroused. Sorry for not saying this before but I'm an omega and my crush, James, is an Alpha. Which means he would be a perfect match, duh.

I zoned out for the rest of my work day except for when I saw him. I guess time passed quickly? I didn't know, I just put on my everyday work mind and tried to get through the day. This is pretty much how my days went at work with, of course interaction with other people. On odd days I had the weirdos and sometimes cuties that bothered me because I have a scent that smells like candy among other delicious things, or so I've been told.

I just wanted to get through the day and then go to sleep. Literally counting down the days till I leave to UCLA, awesome. I got accepted into many other colleges that where great like M.I.T, Stanford, Harvard, etc. But I chose UCLA, I'm from L.A. and I wanted to stay close to the people who were my everything, my siblings.

But enough about my smarts right now, today was the day my cowardly routine broke and changed my life for the better.

I've been particularly busy this month so I didn't remember when my heat was going to come. I usually have it marked down but I didn't have one in a while because of the suppressants I've been taking. I am also in a pre-paramedic class and I didn't want to go into heat next to my classmates, who were very manly to say the least. I don't use suppressants but I did for the class, I usually like to flaunt who I am because omegas are prizes. But just for the sake of getting through the class without any problems or distractions, suppressants come in handy.

I got up for work and did my usual shower admiration thing for James. I got into work and went to see my schedule for today and started working, it was a regular day. Then something hits me completely out of  nowhere. I quickly recognize it for what it is.

Heat.

I feel hawwwt all of a sudden, like burning, I run to the bathroom when I notice it hurts to walk.

Please don't tell me I'm in heat, I thought as I limp to the bathroom. I lock myself in the private bathroom and call my sister.

" KAY!!" I pant loudly.

" Ric?" She asked, "Are you okay? You sound...funny."

"No, I...need...you...to..aghhh..get..m-me" I choke out. My mind starts flooding with thoughts of being bred. "Okay, I'm on my way sweetie hold on." She said and told me to stay in the bathroom while she got things sorted out with my job. We hung up and I was starting to fill my pants get wet. Oh fuck, I mentally moan.

I need to be bred, I keep thinking to myself when a knock on the bathroom door brings me down to reality.

That smell, oh shit it's James.