🔪 Chapter 27: Unraveled Past (UPDATED)

Start from the beginning

Maybe this is the right thing to do. I just hug her back and let all the pain and tears out.

__

After the talk with Mom, I decided to head upstairs to my room. I close the door and I pull out Steven's journal from under the bed.

I noticed a bookmark on a specific page and I decided to read more of what's inside the journal. Without hesitation, I flip it open and start reading.

Entry #1

This is my first entry. I had the strangest dream last night. And that dream almost felt like being stuck in a black and white movie. But I can't tell if it's really a dream or a nightmare. The dream started from the very beginning. I remember walking hand in hand with my Dad and Stefan and it was a cold day. Clouds painted grey, the cool air hit our faces and we were at a cemetery. It was the day visiting my mother's grave. It is also the day of our birthday. Stefan and I stayed silent as we just stare at the grey tombstone with nothing engraved on it. I don't know what's it like to have a mother. To be honest, I'm jealous of other kids who still have their mothers. Mom died after giving birth to me and Stefan. We're twins. There's nothing much to say about my dream except it's more than a dream... it's more like a memory that I want to forget.

End of entry 1.

This is just his journal. Maybe if I read deeper, there could be anything about his secrets and the things that he has done in the past.

__

So far, his entries are full of his days when he was little up until when he was a teenager, nothing too serious or even happy topics. I even read his journal and Miss Victoria's journal back and forth. Just things were written in black and white.

Until I flipped to the next page, which is Entry 20.

Entry 20

Never thought I would write this far. I found a photo of my mom holding a white rose and at the back of the photo, it has her name on it -  Lydia.

 Dad said white roses have always been Mom's favorite. But as I looked deeper into the picture, her eyes look sad.

And it kept me wondering about Mom's past.

End of entry 20.

I decided to check on Miss Victoria's journal once more and open it.

It's just full of newspapers pasted on the pages and it's all the events that happened here, just like what Miss Victoria said.

'KNOCK, KNOCK'

I flinched as soon as I heard knocking on the door and I quickly hide the journals somewhere safe.

"Come in," I said.

The door twisted open and it is none other than... Steven.

"I believe you have something that belongs to me." He said as he lets himself enter the room and I quickly get off the bed, trying to stay as far away from him as possible.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said and I didn't stutter which is good.

"Are you sure? You better not lie to me." He said sternly, grabbing my arm and pulling me forward.

"I'm not. Now let me go." I said as I removed his hand with all my might.

He glares darkly before heading out of my room and then he closes the door as the sound 'BANG!' echoes through the house yet I didn't flinch.

Steven's POV

I knew deeply that my dear little bitch of a stepsister is lying to me.

If she's going to be like this, then so be it.

And she's going to regret it... soon.

______________________________________

Hello there! Gosh, it's been so long and I happen to find some free time to finish this chapter today and finally, I give you the new and updated chapter that you all been waiting for! So sorry for the long wait but I hope you still enjoy this chapter!

Also, we've reached 91.8k reads!!!!!

Thank you so much for the never-ending love and support for this story and I appreciate it! ❤️❤️❤️

I think I just need to write around 3 or 4 more chapters and... this story will come to an end... soon.

New chapters coming soon!

That's all!

-emopastelgirl^_^

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/15/2023