Chapter 11

Kia POV:

I stepped out of my room and into the hallway where Miles was standing, as usual, with his arms crossed and impatiently tapping his foot on the ground. My regular client was waiting for me, and it was definitely in my best interest not to piss him off.
Miles took my arm and guided me over to the elevator, I felt like a prisoner being escorted to and from a holding cell. Which technically, I was.

Timeless had me right where they wanted me, I was entirely at their mercy.

Miles didn't let go until we reached the exit of the company building, allowing me to walk the rest of the way to the car and hop inside the back of the black SUV.
My usual driver was given whispered instructions as i messed with my limited phone, and Miles tapped the hood before sending me off to work.
I didn't bother watching his figure go by the window and disappear behind me.

It had been several months since I met Tyler, several months and I still liked to think of him from time to time. Mahogany reddish brown hair, beautiful blue eyes. Tyler was a link to my past, back to a world where people were mostly good and thoughtful. A world where not everyone I met was vicious and shrouded in a thick layer of slime.

Tyler was, in my mind, the light at the end of a long dark tunnel.

The sheer fact someone like him still existed in the world gave me hope that I'd one day get back to being that kind of person myself.

I wish I could just go and say hi, nothing creepy...just..he wanted a friend. I wouldn't object to being that friend, and I'd hope he wouldn't let his knowledge of who I am and what i do stop him from taking me up on that offer. I'm a little short on a proper friend myself.
The only friends I can have now are other escorts in the company, and that's only possible in itself when we all occasionally sneak into each other's rooms for a game of poker or for a little emotional support through some rough times.

The others aren't bad people, they're caught in the mouse trap just like me.

"Kia, you're here, remember to wear the full white shirt, remove your pants and put on the green langerie in the bag once you get in.

"Yeah, yeah" I say as i roll my eyes. Come on man, I've been working Dominic for years and I know what he likes. Same shit different day.
I open my door after it's unlocked and grab my bag, taking my items with me. Arriving wearing a grey hoodie and dark jeans so i could change in his guest house. He always liked banging me in there before his wife and kids came home to the main one.

Wouldn't want the lady of the house to find out her big strong Italian mobster husband is a cannibalistic fuck boy with a liking for men.

That would just be suicide.

Quite literally.

I made my way down the back stone steps of his private Villa and around the grass hills decorated nicely with flowers and interesting styles of bushes with low hanging trees. The guest house just ahead of me, overlooking a river. It's large dark windows faced the fast flowing water, and i wished i could just slip into it and float away.

He wasn't home yet, I knew he wouldn't be. He was probably out breaking someone's knuckles over a seized stock of drugs at the Port or some crazy shit like that. I just hoped whatever reason he wasn't back here yet wouldn't be taken out on me later on.
The door to the guest house was locked but I knew where the spare key was hidden, Even mobsters hide spare keys under flower pots apparently.
Once I stepped inside i closed the door behind me and made my way across the sleek wooden floor to the bedroom to change, no time to take in the features around me. I had to be ready for him.

When I pushed the bedroom door open though, I noticed a lump in his bed "oh.." I swallowed hard and tried to get my professional voice on "pardon me, I didn't realise anyone was here or I'd of never disturbed you" the lump in the bed wriggled under the covers and groaned, my eyes glided up to the cuff on his wrist before anything began to click. Two blue eyes groggily looked back at me, pleading and confused.

"Kia?" He croaked out, trying to turn more toward me "Kia, it's you! Kia help me!" He whined tugging at the cuff connected to the headboard "please!? P-please help me Kia!! I want to go home!! I w-want to g-go home!" He sobbed, trembling with his head against his captive arm, begging me to get him out of this.

I was frozen in shock at the image., Frozen in place by the idea of Tyler being in Dominic's grasp. Fuck...he was lucky to be alive right now, how..how was he still breathing!?

My mind snapped back into action and I dropped my bag, bolting over to his side.

Worry about shit like that later!! Right now he needs me to get him out of here!

"fuck, shit okay. Shit! Stop moving hold on!" I whispered frantically, trying to figure out how to unlock the cuff without hurting him and without a key "stay still Tyler, it's alright, I'll get you out!"
I fumbled with the cuff while he made horrifically sad pleading sounds, his left cheek looked to be bruised up with green and purple blotches. A sign he had been here a while longer than a day or two. His eyes were red from crying, cuffed up to the bedpost his creamy pale arm was bruised with a dusting of finger prints, no blood in his fingers. I've no idea about the rest of him, covered up in that blanket.

I didn't have a key, and I didn't have any kind of cutters...

Dominic was going to be home any minute and I needed to get Tyler out of here, so I did the only thing i could think of to get my poor baby out.

I had to break his thumb.