Chapter thirty-six: Dan (part two)

Start from the beginning

We live in a smallish town, so when we get to go to the city, it's pretty exciting, it is. Genevieve has a child-like excitement about so many things, it's a breath of fresh air spending time with her. I'm really glad I'm here with her.

When we walk into our building, there are so many people. So much so that Genevieve takes my hand and leads the way through the people. I'm surprised and I blush, but I'm grateful.

When we get to an emptier area, she lets go of my hand. We decide to get something to eat before the concert. There's something like a food court, so we go there.

We can't agree on one restaurant, so we split up to get what we want, after joke arguing and laughing.

When we meet up at a table, there's this hodgepodge of different foods. That's the only thing to call it.

Huge slices of pizza, orange chicken, McDonald's fries, Chicken fries from burger king, a chicken sandwich from Wendy's, and a M&M McFlurry.

"Wow," I laugh.

"What a spread," She laughs.

I go and get us forks and spoons, and then we dig right in.

"We have to eat this first because it'll melt," She smiles and picks up the M&M McFlurry.

"Oh, is that why?" I tease.

"Absolutely," She smiles and hands me a spoon.

I smile, and she takes the cover off.

"Ladies first," I smile.

She smiles and takes a bite. I smile at her dainty cute eating. Even with the insane amount of M&M's that they put into McFlurries.

"What?" She laughs when she notices me.

"Oh nothing," I smile.

She passes me the cup and I take a bite.

After eating about half, we put it aside. We share all the food equally. It's a buffet of food court favorites.

It's an awesome dinner, and something like this would probably only happen with Genevieve.

When we're near the end of our feast, the chicken sandwich is the only thing left. It's spicy, and my favorite.

We both look at it, puzzled.

"Here, how about this," I say and get up.

She watches me as I go and grab a plastic knife. When I come back, I cut the sandwich in half and hand a half to her.

"Aw," She smiles, "You're sharing your favorite?"