Chapter fifteen: Leigh

*Leigh*

I start dreaming of this different life.

Maybe another life I've lived, a past life. A lot of mermaids and mermen think they've lived multiple lives. Maybe I have, too.

Suddenly, I start getting these little fuzzy déjà vu like dreams and thoughts.

I hear the sound of a guitar singing a tune that feels weirdly familiar to me, but I don't know what it's called. It just feels like a distant memory that gets a little clearer every time I hear it. I still don't know where it's from exactly, but it feels oddly familiar.

I see someone with hair like mine wearing all black. I see hallways that go on and on. I see a picture of a girl who looks like me. I see a cliff, I see the ocean from a perspective from above. I hear people talking, but I can't hear what they're saying clearly. I hear people crying, a man and a girl. I see a woman with hair like mine but who looks older than me. She's smiling at me.

I see a girl and a guy in the distance, all I see is that the girl's hair is black and the guy's hair is dark brown. They wave to me, but don't say anything. It's creepy and eerie. I don't know who they are, I try to wave back but I can't. I don't know why dream me wants to wave back to creepy strangers in a dream, but I try.

I dream of the ocean. But it's not the ocean I live in. The dream starts with me feeling like I'm hitting the water. It's dark and I can't see the bottom. I'm scared in the dream, I can feel it. I'm trying to get to the surface, but it feels like some invisible force from below is pulling me down. It gets darker the further down I get and I can't see anything around me. It becomes a nightmare, where I feel like I can't breathe almost.

It's all very sporadic and weird. Sometimes they're just flashes of things like this within a normal dream. Or sometimes I'll just be doing something, not necessarily thinking about anything, and then déjà vu moments take over my mind for a few minutes, until they fade, and I can't think about them again.

I don't know what's going on with me. But I'm determined to find out.

~*~