44. | It's not over

Start from the beginning

"A-And I t-tried stopping him too, but I, for the very first time....saw no reason for him to live" Izuku cries out quietly, running his hands over his face. It hurts so bad. "He kept telling me why he wanted to end it, he wanted the bruises to stop increasing I-I, that's when I knew" Izuku takes in a deep breath before sobbing, "I knew my pain had become too unbearable!"

Izuku can't stop shaking, reliving the memories that brought his friends to the hospital. No matter how many times he tells himself that everything is okay, it's not. It's not that easy.

"The next day, when I decided to finally do it. He wasn't there to stop me. I couldn't do it anymore, I didn't see any reason to continue breathing, despite of how many times I gave myself just one more day!....one more day" Izuku continues, "I really wanted to die that day, but that's when you, Y/n and Todoroki came to save me and I'm so happy you did Kacchan" The boy wails, squeezing his eyes shut.

"I-I would have been dead. I'll forever be grateful for you all being there for me, there are so many things I regret...but taking my life would have been permanent" Izuku finally opens his eyes, more tears falling from his cheeks but he doesn't care. It's better to let it all out than to keep it hidden until it destroys him completely.

"So...when I came back to the school on Monday. I saw him, the boy with the yellow cardigan again in the bathroom. H-He wanted me to jump with him this time, b-because I was struggling to keep living again"

He decides to lay down next to Bakugou, putting Bakugou's hand on Izuku's chest securely. "I-I brought him back Kacchan...but this time, I was stronger. I'm telling you the truth, I don't want to die anymore" Izuku speaks seriously, still holding Bakugou's hand tight.

"The weird thing was...that I found my s-suicide note that I left with my mother in my locker this morning" Izuku's mind begins to ponder, he had acted on repulses, without really thinking how that letter had even got there. "I was mad Kacchan, I was done with these mind games. I went to the rooftop—where he was waiting for me to tell him that it's over! That I didn't want to die and leave you behind" Izuku manages a small smile.

"My words got to him this time and his bandages started to disappear. I was freeing myself from this burden Kacchan. That's why I went up there. I had to confront my past in order to get a peaceful future"

The boy looks at his sleeping friend, eyes also starting to get tired from all the emotional stress.

"So I...I'm sorry, I'm sorry for worrying you Kacchan. I *yawn* I'm gonna keep living, I have reasons to live now-"

Izuku's head falls limp on Bakugou's pillow. Eyes draped close with a gentle rise to his chest. Bakugou's hand is still placed on Izuku's chest with the smaller male holding onto it.

A warm hand starts to soothe out his green curls, bringing the boy closer. "Damn nerd...as if you had a choice in that. You're gonna keep living, no matter what" Bakugou smiles softly, voice husk from sleep.

He heard everything.

Bakugou looks around the room, thinking back what has happened. They have a huge problem that seems to have left Izuku's mind. Bakugou knows that sooner or later, Izuku is going to start asking questions about her. Being in the hospital is bound to retrieve memories.

"I fucking hope that shit is over so we can move on" Bakugou's statement is discrete, but he fully knows that it's not true.

Bakugou knows it's not over.

Somebody had found Izuku's suicide note.

They need to do something soon, or else it will be too late.