44. | It's not over

Start from the beginning

"Really? I can see Kacchan!?"

The doctor is left baffled when Izuku runs passed him and opens the door to Bakugou's room. Finally, after four hours of nothing, but waiting and waiting.

The boy sees his blond haired friend, sleeping peacefully on a hospital bed. His nose and face clean of blood. Izuku is happy that he's okay, more than anything, but yet....a lingering sadness is still evident in his heart.

'Kacchan is strong...he could face a tall wall and still laugh at it, he can face anything and still win' Izuku's fist tighten, his eyes already starting to tear up. 'But now he's in pain, because of me, because I couldn't be strong enough for him'

He trails over, sitting down on the bed next to him. "Hey Kacchan...." He mutters, fully knowing the red eyed boy is asleep. "How are you doing? I hope you're better.....I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry" Izuku sniffles, running a hand over his tear stained cheek.

He looks at Bakugou, face so calm. Sometimes he would smile softly, giving Izuku a hint that he's having a good dream.

"I'm sorry for worrying you so much, I promise I won't do it again. I wasn't going to jump Kacchan!...I-I" The boy stops speaking, just by looking at Bakugou in a hospital bed like this, it tears his heart.

They've known each other for years upon years, they've had fights, pushed and pulled, yelled and laughed, but never has Izuku wanted this. He can now see what it was like for Bakugou when Izuku was put in the hospital for trying to commit suicide.

The young boy dries his tears and breathes silently. "You see Kacchan, it's hard to explain...I wasn't going to jump" He comes closer and places a hand over the blonds, softly rubbing it, "I know you're not going to believe me, so I'll try to explain. I guess...I can use this as a practice round since you can't hear me"

Izuku becomes brave and grabs Bakugou's whole hand in his, showing his support.

"Ever since this year started... I've visited the rooftop with the intent to j-jump" Izuku bites his lip, damn even explaining his suicide is begging to get hard.

However, he continues. "Many t-times I would go there...but I wasn't alone. There was somebody stopping me from jumping" Izuku can feel a familiar panicky feeling erupt his system. He is going to spill something so private that nobody knows about to Bakugou.

'Calm down...he's asleep, I can do this' The green haired boy exhales lightly, still holding Bakugou's hand in his.

"Uhm...I know this is gonna sound crazy, but the people I saw t-there—t-they were apart of my imagination that I created to prevent myself from dying" He tries to sound as calm as possible, despite his heart beating way too fast.

Bakugou is still asleep, now frowning. Izuku brings his other hand towards Bakugou's hair, softly playing with it. Izuku has always dreamed of touching his hair for some reason, it's so spiky and out of control, yet so gentle to touch.

Izuku sure is going to savor this moment, for Bakugou is never going to let him do that again.

"I told them not to jump...that they had more to live for and it went on and on. I gave myself r-reasons to keep going...but" Izuku can feel tears starting to run down his cheeks and aimlessly falling onto Bakugou's hand.

"B-But, I was in so much mental pain...I couldn't talk to anybody and let my feelings out" Izuku whimpers out, remembering these painful memories will do that to anyone. "Therefore, on one of my last days, I saw a boy at the rooftop. He was wearing a yellow cardigan, bandages all over his body, he looked so bruised and broken" Izuku can't keep it inside anymore, his voice starts cracking.