Ch. 12

Your headaches only came around when you were near Olivia. You started to distance yourself from her.

From best friend, to just friends, to acquaintances, to I know you but I don't hang it with you at all ever.

Your mind was clear though, no sign of headaches. You were safe from crazy bad headaches that bordered being a migraine.

"Hi, Mrs. Carrey. I'm graduating soon. I wanted to say bye before I did," you say, walking into her office.

You were shocked at what you say. Olivia on top of Mrs. Carrey, a knife to the nurses throat. Your head hurt so, so much but you pushed it away for Mrs. Carrey.

"Olivia, what are you doing?! Get off of her!" you scream. You were angry at Olivia and almost completely scared for your life.

Olivia looked at you, shocked. She turned to Mrs. Carrey swiftly though and seethed, "you said no one comes in on Wednesday."

"No, please. I didn't know she would come. Please, don't hurt her," the nurse is weeping but she cared for you like a kid and couldn't have you die on her.

"You see, Mrs. Carrey. This is perfect. Jack! The one I'm after is here!" Olivia yells.

Mrs. Carrey mumbles a small, "run."

You feel the need to listen as panic fills your chest, your headache getting to the brink of unbearable.

You turn around only to see a man standing there, a blue mask on with blacked out eyes. You swear you heard ringing coming from somewhere.

You feel like you're going to throw up, the world is starting to spin, you might pass out.

"You look familiar. Who are you?" the man asked. His voice sent you spiraling. You fell to the ground.

You feel like screaming but every noise you hear sounds like nails on a chalkboard. Everything around you is sending you farther and farther into whatever was happening to you.

You put your hands over your ears to stop the noise, you close your eyes to stop the world from spinning, you curl up into a ball to make yourself smaller.

Your breathing was so heavy. You heard the man asking Olivia a question, you heard Olivia move, probably off of Mrs. Carrey.

You feel a hand on you, then two. Then you feel pressure on your chest and back. You are being hugged.

You open your eyes slightly to see Mrs. Carrey's brown hair. Her comforting words being whispered into your ears.

Your head still hurt like shit but at least the world had stilled and you didn't feel like you were being plunged into the abyss.

"Here, honey, take this," Mrs. Carrey says. You get handed a pill and you take it. You trust Mrs. Carrey with your life.

When you finish swallowing it, Mrs. Carrey moves away from you. She smiles and mutters, "I love you."

"I love you too, Mrs. Carrey. But what was that? I don't feel any different."

Mrs. Carrey smiles and turns to the other two people. Her voice sounds angry or sad or something. Maybe desperate.

You didn't feel any different. You stood.

"Give us (Y/N) and then we'll go. It's per order of Slenderman," Olivia demands.

Mrs. Carrey spits on the floor, "tell Slenderman he has to come here himself if he wants her. I'm watching over her and I don't care what you guys try and pull, it's not going to work."

"Fine," Jack says. You watch him take something out of his pocket. He hits a button and then Slenderman is there.

Mrs. Carrey doesn't look one bit terrified but you, on the other hand, you might've just shit yourself. Who knows?

"Mrs. Carrey, what is this? What's going on?" you ask only to get no answer. You see Mrs. Carrey's form change.

You fall back onto the ground, suddenly feeling light headed. Mrs. Carrey looks like a goddess.

White and red, her two colors were white and red. You wanted to say that the dress looked beautiful on her but your mind was buzzing.

You closed your eyes, thinking it'd only be for a moment. Thinking you'd open them and watch Mrs. Carrey who wasn't Mrs. Carrey fight some giant tentacle man.

When you woke up with a diploma next to your head and in your graduation gown you doubted it.

You stood up, confused. You moved around a bit before walking towards the door to the room. You opened it and peeked out.

"Hello?" you asked. "Anyone there?"

"Hey, what are you doing up? Halleia is still talking to Slender," calls a voice. You turn to it and see the man with the blue mask and black eyes.

At the mention of Halleia you fell to the ground, a common feat nowadays. You clutched your head in your hands.

Blue mask man put his hand on your shoulder and carefully picked you up and brought you back into the room.

"Heh," you laughed in a drowsy state, memories suddenly coming back like a smack to the face. "She called me normal. Sometimes that can mean boring. A goddess called me boring."

Jack looked at you weird but nodded, "sure, (Y/N). She told me about who she is and who you are. What we were."

"What?" you asked. "What'd she tell you?"

"Told me we had romance. I'm sorry, (Y/N). I don't remember what we were. She said she could let me remember but I don't want to,
(Y/N)."

"Why not? Also, I think she lied a bit."

"Because I'm scared of her and you and of your power. Your hidden power, she told us. She didn't realize you had it till she chose you."

"And wha power is tha?" your mind was blanking and you dragged your words.

"The power to live."

"Wha tha fuck kinda poer is tha?"