Ch.11

The lady, Halleia, stuck out her hand for you to take. You did, still thoroughly scared for your life and intrigued by this girl.

"Uhm, if you don't mind me asking, where are we? And who's Leimia?" you ask her.

She laughs shortly and exclaims, "I forgot that you guys believing in us was a long time ago. I'm surprised not even one of you folks know about us now.

"Leimia is the goddess of life. She and her husband, Phospola, created all of human existence. When her time ran out she realized she would need someone to watch over you destructive creatures.

"So, she and Phospola chose us, known as minigods. We were granted smaller powers, control over only one or two things instead of Leimia and Phospola's control over everything."

"Wait, are you guys like aliens or are there like no other planets with life out there? And what do you mean chose? Like they just plucked you out of a group and went 'this one!'?"

"Oh, this is a lot to explain. Uhm, minigods eventually grow old and when they do, they have to choose a human to pass their powers onto. I chose you and every time you die I turn back time because you were more tricky than I thought you would be.

"As for your other question, we live much like you humans do. Except our job in this case is to watch over a solar system. You're the only life in this one so we just chose one of you guys."

"Okay... why'd you choose me?"

"My job is not easy. Controlling time is hard, I get hard jobs thrown my way. I wanted something easy and then you were born.

"Normal intelligence, normal body, normal parents, normal everything! I thought you'd live a normal life and so I chose you. One of my siblings chose you too but I won in rock, paper, scissors."

"I... uhm, I don't know what to say. I did not expect this kind of stuff. What happens when we die?"

Halleia looked taken off guard. She smiles sheepishly, "well, you'll get to become a minigod. We have to get you to live into adulthood first though, cause I'm not dying yet."

"What happens when other people die?"

Halleia's cheeks flush like she's embarrassed.

"Oh, look," she says far too quickly. "Looks like you got to, you know, start your life again. Try not to die this time."

"What? No, Halleia, tell me what happens when people-."

—————

"Well, my earliest memory was of holding onto a coffee table and jumping, when I was really young and was learning to walk."

"Whoa, really? Man, your memory is amazing. I bet your grades are, like, the best," Sarah McConely says, smiling. "I wish I could remember stuff like you can."

"Ha, ha! It takes skill, Sarah! There's a lot of memory training exercises you can do though. Oh, this is my class. See you later!"

"Bye!"

Sarah waves you off. You walk into the classroom and immediately scout it for your best friend, Olivia.

When you see her, you grin and run over.

"Aye, what's up?" you exclaim, sending her finger guns.

"Aye," she responds, finger gunning you too. Your head starts to hurt a little and you get a feeling of nostalgia.

"Ow, I just got a killer headache."

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'll just finish this class and then go take a nap, drink some water."

You and Olivia sat in silence before she turned to you and asked, "hey, I heard Matt talking about something called a creepypasta. What are they?"

You looked back at her and were going to respond when your head ached harder. You grab it in pain.

"Are you okay, (Y/N)? I'll take you to the nurse," you hear Olivia say. Her voice just makes you get shivers and goosebumps.

You wave your hand at her and miss the look of hurt on her face. You stand and wobble for a moment.

"No, no, I'll walk on my own. I know where the nurse is. See you, Olivia."

"Uhm, see ya later."

The on-site nurse wasn't too far from where the class you had was. The nurse was a nice lady named Mrs. Carrey.

You pushed open the door and wobbled into her small office. She was always there to take care of college kids who didn't take care of themselves.

"Oh, (Y/N), again? That's the second time this week," she says sweetly, disappointment playing on her lips.

"I've got a really bad headache this time, Mrs. Carrey. I didn't knock my head on anything though."

"Maybe you got the headache from hitting your head on your desk," she points out.

"I doubt it."

"Yeah, well, it's a possibility. Maybe you should just sleep. You've been sleeping properly, right?"

"After passing out earlier this week, yeah, I have."

"Good. Lay down here. I'll be back in a moment."

"Okay, Mrs. Carrey."

You lay down on the little bed she has. Your headache starts clearly up a little bit but not by much.

Was there something you were supposed to remember? If there is, you don't remember. For one the first times since you were born you could say that you couldn't remember.

You quickly fell asleep, not knowing that Olivia just asked Matt. That Olivia's creepypasta obsession has started.

Maybe it'll end differently for you this time around.