Ch.6

"Now I know you might be scared but—," the faceless dude started. You didn't even give him a chance when you started screeching.

"Oh, my god! I knew my time would come to an end but not here! Not now!" you exclaimed. You were pushing yourself as far away from him as you could.

He put up a hand, trying to calm you down. It really, really didn't work.

"Oh, my GOD! His hand is up, dear lord. I am going to get smacked all the way to heaven. Or hell, whichever works at this point," you continue to scream.

You start mumbling to yourself before coming to a realization, "wait, you only eat children. That means I'm safe."

"I don't eat—."

"HE TALKS TOO! SHIT! GET AWAY!"

"I talked before. I—."

You continued to screech until the faceless man stepped at you and yelled, "stop!"

You stopped, as instructed. You weren't about to go and make a giant faceless man more angry.

You may have been dumb but you weren't white girl in a horror movie dumb. At least, you hoped you weren't.

The faceless man then took a breath, or didn't. It seemed like he did but it could've also been your imagination considering he doesn't have a mouth.

"I brought you here because you have potential," he starts. Now it sounds less kill you and more rape you. Neither sound good but at least in one you might be alive at the end.

You stared at him. He stared back, almost like he was expecting something. When you didn't say anything, he just continued.

"You seem to have a strong power over others. Commanding, like a leader. I wondered why, I still wonder why. I want to find out.

"The only way to do that is to keep you hear and train you until your true self shows itself."

Your brain was trying to process what you were just told. A giant faceless man basically just told you that you have magical powers.

"I-," you start. "You mean that I may have magic powers?"

Your brain couldn't comprehend it when he responded with a short, "I wouldn't call them magical powers but yes."

"Oh. My. God. My guy, you must have the wrong person. I know my life and abilities and I can tell you, I am not that good."

"You seem to be in shock-."

"I- oh, god."

You couldn't help but start crying. You begged god in your mind to take it all back. Whether he was there or not, whether you believed in him or not.

You wanted him to take it all away. You wanted to go back to a normal life with normal parents and normal friends.

But- oh, god. You're here being told by Slenderman himself that you have powers. Your friend tried to kill you like a week ago.

It was all hitting you at once. Slenderman turned and walked away. That was a bit of light in a world of dark.

You closed your eyes tight. This was too much. It was all way too much.

You could run again, but it wouldn't do you much good. You'd get caught again, you'd just be dragged back to your own personal hell.

You curled up into yourself. You were hyperventilating by you couldn't do anything.

For someone who was going to go into the whole healthcare industry, you didn't know anything about caring for health.

I mean, you were studying herds, not mental health! You stayed there, in a bed in an unfamiliar room.

You were tired. So, so tired but you couldn't do anything. You couldn't move or stop having a panic attack or anything.

The door opened. It was the only familiar noise besides your own heartbeats. You hoped that it was Olivia or Jeff, someone to end this misery you're in.

"Everything's catching up to you, isn't it?"

Jack's comforting voice flooded the air. It brought calm to your head, clearing up some skies but not all.

You didn't respond.

"Hey, I understand. This place is quite the shock. Finding out you have powers also comes as a large shock to most."

You looked up at him. Tears stained your eyes red and made your clothes a darker shade.

"I mean, most of us get forever. We're immortal. We can only die by a higher beings hands, like Slender or, I don't know, god."

He laughed. It sounded so familiar but so different. You stared at him, almost daring to speak.

"I just... this isn't where I pictured myself being in a few years. I've already told you what I wanted to be so I just—. I feel cheated out of life.

"I feel like I was going to get something, go somewhere. But here I am. I've basically been kidnapped and I realize now that there's no chance I'm going to go back to my old life."

The silence afterwards tugs at both your minds. Jack knows what it's like to feel like that.

Jack hesitated but eventually spoke, "I used to feel like that, too. Before I got used to the whole 'you're a creepypasta now' thing.

"I was very sad and angry. It's not good to hold those inside, I don't have it be a doctor to know that."

And he talked. He told you about how he wanted to be a surgeon. How he was going to improve his life.

How he was taken. Plucked out of his town like an apple off a tree. How he now eats people. And as disturbing as it was, you accepted him.

Something neither of you thought would happen. You became friends, even if that friendship was mostly just being able to rant to each other.

It was nice. You managed to not become completely overwhelmed with everything. Friends. It was nice to have a friend.