Ch.7

You smiled at the air outside. You were protected this time though, unlike when you ran away.

Jack and Masky, the man who told you to go to Slenderman's room, were tasked to have you meet someone.

He lived on the outskirts of town, according to Slenderman. He was apparently a power expert, though you didn't really know what that really meant.

Jack has to bring you cause he was your doctor, you were under his care. Masky has to go because he was a good fighter.

You look over at Jack and mumble, "it's so much better to be allowed to go out here."

"Yeah?" Jack asked, looking at you. His mask raised in a smile. "That won't last too long. Don't get used to it."

It seemed like a crude joke. You laughed awkwardly before turning to Masky and asking, "when are we going to get there?"

Masky looked back at you, already done with you and this task.

"Considering we'll have to set up camp, it'll take a day or two. Depends on how fast you walk," he states.

You nod along to it, pretending to be interested. Even though you wanted to know, part of you didn't care what he said.

You continue walking, probably looking like a kid in a candy store. You smiled at the trees, and the sounds of the birds.

You walked and walked until it was dark. Nothing had been said between you and the guys.

Masky was building the tent while Jack was sent to get firewood. You were left unsupervised.

A hand landed on your shoulder, causing you to internally scream. After only a while with creepypasta's, you learned it's better to not scream out loud.

You turned around violently. You heard a tick. It sounded like a clock.

"Oh, my god. It's you again. Is it my time to go?" you ask him. You hope he says no, that he's just there for shits and giggles.

He shakes his head and clicks his tongue some more, "of course not. You'll see me again tomorrow. I'm the so called 'power expert'."

You stare at him and can't help but asking, "you?"

He laughs at your dumbfounded expression. He sits down next you, on the grass. He's tall and lanky, his body almost seems out of place.

He has blonde hair and bright brown eyes. He looks so full of passion. Too full of passion to devote his life to whatever he's doing now.

"You are most peculiar," he says. He's looking right into your eyes, holding onto your hand. His face is so close you can feel his breath.

When did he get so close?

You pull away from him, uncomfortable with how close you two were sitting.

"How do you know that?" you asked him, feeling defensive over nothing. He laughs again.

"So, so peculiar. They think you have a power, think that you're magical. They couldn't be more wrong!"

You stared at him, "how- how do you know?"

You usually didn't stutter but you were genuinely interested with what this man had to say.

The man opens his mouth and— "hey! Who are you?!"

The man says, "sorry, gotta go. Good luck!"

He walks behind a tree as Jack runs out from behind a different tree. Jack looks at the tree, then at you, and at the tree again.

You can see his inner questioning of who he should go after or go up to. You sit in silence while he decides.

He runs up to you, "are you hurt? Do I need to treat you?"

You look at him, a bit of shock on your face. Not because it sounded like he cared, cause he didn't, but because he was making eye contact, something you not him really do.

You two stared at each other for a long while. He smiles a sheepish grin, or what you could guess is a sheepish gin as his mask lifts a little bit.

You almost put your hands on his face, as if this was a romantic scene from a romantic movie.

He moves away from you. He doesn't do the romantic movie dough or awkwardness.

He looks at Masky and asks, "do you need any help?" before leaving. You feel a pang in your chest, though you barely realize it.

The man who called you peculiar, the 'power expert' was stuck in your head just as much as Jack was.

You wondered, what did he mean? What's he going to say to you? What's he going to make you do?

Some of your questions didn't have great answers. At least, the voids your brain filled weren't the best.

You sighed to yourself as Masky and Jack worked together to build the tent. The mature boys built the fire too.

You could've helped them but you were too stuck in your mind. You didn't eat dinner then, a choice you'd regret in the morning.

Maybe the man didn't mean anything by it. Maybe he meant that you were nothing special, that the creepypasta should just throw you back to your old life.

You hoped for it to. Begged god to let that happen. Too bad that's not how things play out.

This is the real world, begging wont always work.