He must have..... Told on me.

Deny everything!

"It's Saturday. What does he need?" My voice caught in my throat at the thought of him running to my boss and telling her we messed around.

They could fire me from my internship, and that's the last thing I wanted. I needed the experience for my resume so I could move on. Away from Neil. Away from here....

"Yeah—I know it's Saturday, Meyers, but here I am. In the office at 8:00 am, with C.J. Cole in my office demanding you of all people!" She sounded exhausted with me. Like I was a small child asking way too many questions for her liking.

"What? Me?" I swallowed hard, eyes darting in confusion.

Crap.

"For the first time in two years, he has pages, Meyers." Her voice sounded hopeful, filling with a sense of relief for the first time in our conversation. I had never heard her sound so civil with me.

"Pages?" I knew what she was eluding to, but I wanted to make sure. Because C.J. Cole and pages in the same sentence? Had been unheard of for two long years.

"Yeah—you know. The pages he has owed us for the past two years? Just... get here, now! I can explain more then. I'll give you 30 minutes." And she hung up.

So much for her civility.

Fuck Fuck Fuck. I looked down at myself. My "come fuck me" dress was still on, my high heels discarded on the car floor, and my hair was a mess. It looked like a bird had come in through the window and nested in my hair. All I was missing were the baby birds peeking out of my head. I peered in the mirror to see multiple red and purple bruises littering my neck and fuck I only had 30 minutes. How was I going to cover this evidence up? I couldn't call her back now and say, oh sorry, Reese, I'm sick. I would have to wear a scarf or lots and lots of make-up.

Yes. That was my answer and now all I needed to do was make it home. Thankfully, I lived 10 blocks away, and it was Saturday so the business traffic wouldn't be too bad. Right..?

I went into overdrive. I rushed through traffic, weaving in and out. Making my way to my downtown apartment, cleaning up and headed out the door again. I only had 15 minutes to take a 20-minute drive, get into her office, and reap the consequences of my actions.

"You're late!" Reese barked at me, the moment I stepped off the elevator.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't exactly at home and had to get cl...."

"I don't care, Meyers. Get into my office. We have a lot to discuss!" She pointed to her office. I felt like a child again with her looming over me looking as perfect as ever.

I sat across from her as she settled into her chair. She fiddled with the perfect ends of her perfect blonde hair, tossing it over her shoulder. Her fingers rubbing her temples repeatedly as if she was at a loss for words. And if her resting bitch face wasn't screaming at me loud enough, I could see the displeasure in her eyes. The daggers stabbing into me repeatedly.

"I don't want to know what you did or how you did it, but somehow, C J. has started writing again." There was that tone again, the hopeful, but don't fuck it up tone.

I swallowed hard, "I-I did nothing... I had..." she held up a hand and closed her eyes like she was reaching for the Lord.

"I really don't care. You could slather his rather delicious body in whipped cream and give him cherry nipples. And I wouldn't want to know. Anything to get this man writing again. Anything to get my boss off my back." If I wasn't so hungover I'm sure my face would have been beet red at that moment imaging him with whipped cream all over his body, sucking the contents off his......