64. Checklist for Life

It's You again God,

I could read every best selling self help guide to a happy life and never reach a place of real joy and peace in my life. How thankful I am that I have You and Your Word which points me in the right direction!

This most familiar passage on rejoicing in You daily, is made so much more powerful when I think of the author —Paul, who wrote this letter to the church in Philippi while in prison in Rome for the sake of the gospel!

"Be cheerful with joyous celebration in every season of life.
Let joy overflow, for you are united with the Anointed One!
Let gentleness be seen in every relationship, for our Lord is ever near.
Don't be pulled in different directions or worried about a thing.
Be saturated in prayer throughout each day, offering your faith-filled requests before God with overflowing gratitude.
Tell him every detail of your life, then God's wonderful peace that transcends human understanding, will make the answers known to you through Jesus Christ.
So keep your thoughts continually fixed on all that is authentic and real, honorable and admirable, beautiful and respectful, pure and holy, merciful and kind.
And fasten your thoughts on every glorious work of God, praising him always.
Follow the example of all that we have imparted to you and the God of peace will be with you in all things."
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:4-9‬ ‭TPT‬‬

It's a checklist for life! I look forward to following Your way today, which is the best way of all to live! Holy Spirit help me in the areas where I struggle and may I be able to point others to Jesus through the peace and joy they see in me.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.