23. More than a Conqueror

It's You again God,

Thank You that I can be sure that You work through all things and bring glory to Yourself as the gospel is proclaimed, even in very difficult circumstances. Yesterday I was so encouraged as I read through Philippians again, as Paul had an incredible attitude, despite being imprisoned:

"Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel. As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. And because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear."
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭1:12-14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

So much good came from something that must have been very distressing! That's Your way and I see it again and again in Paul's letters. He spent a great deal of time in prison and was able to say with confidence:

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:18‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:28‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You for the hope that we have in Jesus! Paul knew You so well and he speaks with such conviction about the fact that despite everything coming against us, we are more than conquerors!

"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:31-39‬ ‭NIV‬‬

How comforting to remember that nothing can separate me from Your love! Thank You so much Jesus for continually interceding for me! I declare that in my present situation I am more than a conqueror through You!

All glory to Your Name,
Amen.