He looks at the direction the guy went to and glares. "It's fine, no big deal. I'm good, really. He just asked if we were... together."

"And you said...?"

He clasps his hands together. His gaze is hard, but he's trying to soften it.

"I said no, I didn't wanna lie."

He's probably thinking oh really? But you've lied the whole time you've been here with us, this little lie hurt you?

"And what did he say?"

He takes a bite of his gingerbread and I answer cautiously.

"He said it was weird. That I... don't have a boyfriend."

It's a bit weird talking like this with him. I prefer not answering, but I don't wanna continue lying to him.

"Well he can't be blamed, how many nuts his head even contains."

I let out a laugh.

"Thanks, but no."

"And we're back at you underestimating yourself. As usual. You're so much more than you think."

"Yeah sure."

I get he doesn't wanna say in my face I'm less useful to this Earth than spiders are, but he doesn't need to over exaggerate. "I'm a coward, a liar, I'm antisocial, cold, boring, selfish, condemnatory, shy on the bad way, and I'm not gonna bring up how I look."

He looks at me with that "Really?" look on his face, a risen eyebrow confirming it

"Are you done yet?" he asks after a few seconds.

"Well no. I'm the last person someone would want to be friends with, even less together with, on this planet. I'm so... wrong, there are no words that can describe me and my flaws."

"There's only one thing out of everything you've said that's true; there are no words that can describe you." He holds up his hand the second I'm about to protest. "You're funny, caring, nice, strong, you're extremely brave, harmless, kind, smart, thoughtful, selfless, down to Earth, you listen and you always have solutions and you're positive. And I'm not even gonna bring up how you look."

He narrows his eyes and turns his head a bit. "You know what? I will. You're gorgeous. Your smile is so beautiful, it's worth more than anything, the way your nose crinkles when you do it is insane, how you bite the inner of your lip and start playing with your hands when you're nervous, the way you blush, how you look at people, your cheekbones, your eyes, it's.... You're beautiful. And you're the only one who doesn't realize that. That guy, I swear, when you told him you weren't in a relationship, he felt like the luckiest guy ever."

I should feel really uncomfortable right now, but I'm not. I'm blushing so much my cheeks would probably be lighting up this room if it was dark, and I'm trying to hide my smile the best I can, and I'm trying to ignore my quick and loud heartbeats, and I'm also playing with my hands under the table. Did I mention the blush? "Hey, I just told you your smile's beautiful, don't hide it like that."

I look up at him and I let out a laugh.

"You're full of surprises, do you know that?"