Chapter XV

~TRIGGER WARNING! This chapter will contain animal cruelty, an attempted sexual assault with graphic language, and a $ui€ide, which I completely understand might and will be triggering to some of my readers

~
TRIGGER WARNING!
This chapter will contain animal cruelty, an attempted sexual assault with graphic language, and a $ui€ide, which I completely understand might and will be triggering to some of my readers.
Therefore, you are asked to stop reading when you reach the •~• and scroll down all the way to the next chapter. Before each of the triggering parts I will notify what is to come.
xx Michelle
~

"Was that your dad's car?" he asks suddenly, and that scares me even more. Noah never does anything without a reason. The unknown reason behind his question scares me. "The one he left for you before suffocating to death?"

I dig my nails into my palm to prevent my tears. Now isn't the best time exactly. After all he's done, this is the first time I truly wanna hit him.

My dad died when I was a kid, six years I think. He had lung cancer once and recovered, and then I was born. It was the second time, when I saw six, that ruined him. I don't remember how my mum was before my dad died, but all I know is that she kept carrying his death with her many years later, until I felt like it was time for her to move on and signed her up for a dating site that came to ruin me instead. He left me the car that my mum gave me when I turned sixteen. "I want the car."

My car. He wants my dad's car, the only thing I've got left from him.

Landon's life or the car? Life or car? Landon or dad?

"Okay," I say, the tears in my throat forcing me to swallow before I continue. "It's yours. Let him go."

"You d-" Landon starts.

"Let him go," I tell Noah. I turn to look at him, digging my nails harder down my palm as I look into his cold eyes that I once used to look for my friend in. I eventually stopped, when I realized he was gone. The Noah I called my friend was gone, or maybe he was never there. Maybe he's always been like this. Maybe my friend was just the disguise of a nightmare.

I take out my keys and hold them out for him, for each second that goes feeling how I break further. My hands tremble the second another smirk covers his face.

He raises his eyebrow as he approaches me and reaches out his hand. When he takes the keys he makes sure to stroke the back of my thumb. My vision goes black a second, my heart stopping. The keys are ripped out of my hand, but he remains in his spot, two feet away from me.

"Let him go Charles," Noah tells his shadow, not looking away from me. His eyes are piercing through me, boring holes in my already damaged self. "I'll see you again, Hayden. Let's see what you're gonna offer me then."