III.

"How you feel about living with him?" Kiara asked her best friend through the phone. Keiani shrugged like she could actually see her.

"I mean I dont know, but you know anything a step up from where I was." Keiani sighed through the phone while hanging up all the clothes Pharaoh had got her. It was alot, she even had designer like gucci and fendi. She felt like she didn't deserve these things but she knew he would take them back.

"And she just sold you, because she aint have the money to pay him? That aint got shit to do with you, he should've shot her head off." Kiara said going on off making her best friend laugh. She had to admit talking to Kiara always put her in a good mood no matter what was going on.

"Fuck it, Im away from them now. I hope they leave me alone now but let me call you back." She told Kiara before hanging up. Pharaoh had just walked in, he didn't come in the room fully just stood at the doorway with his hands stuffed in the pockets of his nike sweatpants.

"Hey um.. you hungry?" He asked her. He had ordered pizza and wings for the both of them with ice cream and brownies. He seen she was in a bad mood after earlier and hoped that would cheer her up.

"Yeah." She breathed out, trying to act normal. Anytime he was in her presence she would be nervous along with everybody else in the hood. He didn't want her to know him as Pharaoh, the big ruthless drug dealer though. He oddly wanted her to know him, to know Domonique the hopeless romantic, the lover boy.

"I ordered pizza, you can come down." He said nodding towards the stairs and leaving out the room. He knew he wanted her but he also knew he had to take his time and learn her. He just had this feeling about her, it wasn't a bad one either, he just couldn't figure out what it was.

While they ate it was silent til Keiani spoke up. "What's your name?" She asked looking up from her bowl of ice cream. The question caught Pharaoh off guard, that wasn't a question he was asked often. He studied her a few seconds before answering her question.

"Domonique." He said shrugging. He really didn't like his name and felt as though it was girly. Thats why he always went by Pharaoh.

"Thats a nice name." She mumbled, trying to spark a conversation with him. She felt very awkward sitting here in silence with him.

"And yours?" He asked feeling silly as fuck. Here he was with this girl living is his house and he didn't even know her name.

"Keiani but everybody call me noonie but you already knew that." She said making the both of them laugh.

"I see you got jokes, but how you feeling?" He asked, genuinely concerned. He watched as she she twist her lips to the side a look flashing in her eyes but it left as quickly as it came.

"Im fine." She said eating more ice cream. In reality she really wasn't, she just didn't want to bother him with her problems. She was sure that he didn't care and was only being nice because he had to be. She was his new house guest after all.

He could tell she wasn't fine but he just left it alone. "Wanna watch a movie?" He asked trying to lighten the mood.

Keiani stomach turned at the thought of being alone with him like that. Of course it was only him and her right now but that was different. She couldn't deny she felt a way about him, she just couldn't find the name for it.

"Yeah sure." She shrugged anyway, despite her almost over thinking about it. She got up with Pharaoh and they both headed to the living room. He handed her the remote to put something on to watch.

They were well into the movie Keiani picked when Pharaoh peeped her shivering. He chuckled grabbing a blanket and moving a little close to her but also giving her enough space.