II.

It was now sunday and after having a fun weekend with her best friend and her family, Keiani was now back in the hell hole called home. She currently just laid awake in bed, those 3 words replaying in her head repeatedly as they did all weekend.

"You Look beautiful." She didn't even know why the comment stuck with her, maybe it was because she had never been called beautiful by anyone but Kiara. She had to admit it felt good to hear it come from his mouth. She still couldn't find herself to believe it because she had really forced herself to believe the words of her bullies.

She sat up in bed and grabbed her phone off the charger. She seen she had a text from her best friend but she decided to just respond later on. She went to google and felt like a fool for typing this question in the search bar but she felt it was necessary. How to feel Pretty.

After a hour or so she had list of things she could do daily to make herself feel pretty. She wasn't sure if they would work but she hoped like hell they would. She knew that she had to build a tough skin for the change she was trying to pursue in her life.

She wanted to feel pretty and free despite what anyone had to say. She wanted to stand up to the bullies and her family. She wanted to be able to notwalk on eggshells around everyone. She wanted to have fun experiences like everyone else her age. She knew that this change would have to come from within.

In order for people to see her for what she was, she had to believe that she was a confident, beautiful, smart woman. She stood in front of her new full body mirror. She was only in her underwear, she turned herself in a different angles and for once realizing that she actually was fine.

She stood in front that mirror staring at her reflection as it stared back. She spoke the words in the mirror that the webpage told her to say. "I am beautiful." She constantly repeated trying to make herself believe it.

She wasn't even sure what had her wanting to change and if anybody asked she would just tell them it was time because it truly was. After a while of standing in that mirror she just got up to take a bath feeling slighty better about herself for once in her life.

Once she was out the bath she walked to the kitchen. All they had was noodles and that would have to do for now. She was mixing her bowl of noodles with the seasoning when Shantel came walking from the back. She tried to leave the kitchen but Shantel stopped her.

"Bitch why you in here eating our food?" She asked trying to fuck with her as she always did. Keiani didn't know what got in to her but she couldn't stop the next words that spilled from he mouth.

"Leave me alone bitch." She said harshly before pushing past her storming her way to her room. She couldn't believe she had actually said something like that to her sister. She couldn't lie and say it didn't feel good. She immediately called her best friend.

"Hellooo." Kiara sung in the phone sounding happy to hear from her friend as she always did.

"Heyyy, guess what?" Keiani said excitement laced in her voice. Kiara on the other side of the phone smiled brightly, her friend hadn't sounded this way in a long ass time.

"Wassup boo?"

"I finally said something to one of the evil sisters and it feels even better than I would think." She said before slurping her noodles up.

"Friends Im proud of you, this is just first time keep it up boo." She said feeling like a proud parent. She wasn't sure what sparked this change in her best friend but she was here for it.

"Yes, KiKi Im just ready for a change. Im tired of always feeling like shit." Keiani said. She never really said how the stuff she went through daily affected her but Kiara always knew it did numbers on her.