~45~

"Being in a wheelchair doesn't change who she is, Tae. She's still the most beautiful, sweet, funny, caring, happy girl I've ever met. That wheelchair is the reason there are things she can't do, but she makes up for it with what she can do. She doesn't let it bring her down, it's not a disability to her. If it weren't for that wheelchair, neither one of us would be as passionate as we are about ending drunk driving. It was a huge price to pay, but it has given us so much joy to be able to talk to so many students, and know we are making an impact." 

~♡~

I took a shaky breath, still not sure what to say.

"It is also one of the reasons we fell in love. We had a connection from the first time we spoke. We were both depressed, but she was so much more positive than I was, even thru her depression. We helped each other, we pulled each other out of that dark hole we were in. She needed me, and I needed her. And now, that wheelchair is the reason I get to do things for her that she otherwise wouldn't need me to do. I love that I can be there for her, I love taking care of her, helping her to bed, helping her get dressed, helping her get washed up. It's brought us closer than most couples are. We don't look at it as a bad thing. We can't, because it's our reality. We accept it, and we embrace it."

He made it sound like it was a positive thing. I tried to see it from his point of view.

"Tae, I love Mae Lynn, with all my heart. She's my other half. That accident brought us together. I'll never be upset about that. I'm thankful to you for not being more adamant that I not drive. The good outweighs the bad, by so much. I want you to stand beside me at my wedding. I need you there. You played a huge part in my happiness."

I sighed, not understanding how he could think that.

"You may think otherwise. But trust me Taehyung, Mae Lynn and I have talked about it, more than once. I could have agreed, and let you drive me to my sisters. Mae Lynn could have decided not to go out with her friend that night, because she almost didn't. But if we could go back, and change things, if it would mean she didn't end up in a wheelchair, or that BTS wouldn't disband, we still wouldn't change a single thing, because if we did, we may have never met each other. That's a chance neither one of us are willing to take."

He stopped talking, and I heard him take a deep breath. I knew he was waiting for some kind of response from me.  

I was starting to understand what he was saying. I tried putting myself in his place, and I was sure I would feel the same way.

I thought of Y/N, of what she'd gone thru, all the pain and sadness she'd dealt with. If things hadn't happened the way they did, she most likely wouldn't be here right now. So even though I hated what her boyfriend had done to her, how he'd treated her, it brought her to me. For that I was grateful to him.

"Okay."

"Okay? You'll be my best man?"

I smiled. "Yes, Hyung, I'll be your best man."

I pulled the phone away from my ear as he yelled, I'm guessing to Mae Lynn, that I said yes.

"Thank you, Tae, you have no idea how much it means to me. There's no one else I would want to stand up there with me when I make that beautiful girl my wife."

"It'll be an honor to stand beside you, hyung. By the way, when is the wedding?"

"December 24th."

I drew in a breath. "This December 24th?"

"Yeah, we don't wanna wait another year, and Mae Lynn has always wanted a Christmas Eve wedding. I'm giving the girl what she wants, because she's making me the happiest man alive."