spy me up, buttercup.

"Well ain't that very romantic?"

A gravelly familiar voice filled my ears as I casually sipped on my wine. I didn't bother turning my head on where he might be. I'm just used to it when in this occasions he'd be popping up anywhere you weren't expecting him. He chuckled loudly as his stare daggers at the side of my profile. He intent on doing it purposely as the music, chatters and cheers loomed around the atmosphere. I licked my lips as I watch the newly wedded couple dance in the middle, looking through each others eyes lovingly while the crowd awed at them but it seem it didn't matter to them.

"You're so pathetic."

I looked at him with emotionless face, as he smirked knowingly. Prince were sitting on the opposite chair while leaning against the table looking at me expectantly. "I knew that will caught your attention."

I shaked my head bringing my attention towards the ceremony. "And? Don't you have anything to do but to annoy the heck out of me?."

"It's not that, Y/N. Your my friend. I can't see the way your acting right now." He complained.

"I'm alright. Don't worry about me." I lied looking down adjusting my suit.

I jumped slightly when he slams his hands on the table abruptly. I looked at him appalled then around to see that they were not disturbed by his commotion. I sighed in relief and focus my gaze on him. "Are you crazy? What if they saw you? You'll only bring the attention to us. I said I'm fine." I hissed slightly at him crossing my arms.

"You are not alright, mate. You cannot hide it from me. Why must let her go? When you can fight for her? Where's that carefee and confident Y/LN I knew?  In those years I've been working with you I know you're not the one who easily give up on something or rather someone I can feel it you know." He chuckled while tapping his chest. "I can feel it in your bones that you are not that type of person you are right now."

I remained silent looking at him while I think of the words to tell him how I feel but I got nothing. I lost the words to describe what I'm feeling. Like heck I don't even know why I'm feeling this. I should be happy for her but who am I kidding my feelings betrayed me.

"I guess you aren't answering my thoughts right now. It's alright take all the time you need." He was already leaving but I caught his wrist and motion for him to sit.

Prince looked at me raising his bushy eyebrows. "I don't know why." I admitted shaking my head while my fingers tapped on the table nervously. "But all I know for now is that she's happy."

"Are you?" He murmured.

"What?" I asked curiously.

He rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "What? Come on dude. You didn't get it! I mean are you happy?!" He excalaimed.

I gulp the lump on my throat as I looked at her again. Laughing with her fiancé as an organizer cut the cake for them. I have been watching her from afar from the wedding ceremony. Her first step on the carpet, as she slowly walked down the aisle while she have those smile on her eyes. She only have set her eyes on her groom until to the vows. I admit my heart ached for her words and his. I am hurt. He got the woman I need and want. The woman in my dreams, she's the only one I could dream of. I can't imagine a life without her but life must be laughing at me right now because I failed to seize all those moments to fix the broken pieces. I torn myself away from her, getting used to those early mornings without her. I tried erasing her laugh, face and everything that reminds me of her on my mind but she's the only one I could think of.

She's my partner. She is a total definition of beauty and the brains, everyone loved her in work including me. I met her there. My passion and love goes through together but it's just different of what I feel towards her. It's like magic. I never expected I'd fall for her witty remarks and kind-heart towards every assignment our boss gave us. There's more to her than just to what I describe her, there is more in her eyes. She's so gentle and caring for me, but when it's everyone she's so secluded and independent. I admire a woman like her but no one can be like her there is just one kind of her and I regret every fiber in me that I can't even made her stay. She deserve so much more in this world but she choose me. Of all people out there she still choose me. But now she choose him because I failed to choose to fight for her. So, I should be happy for her. Someone did fight for her when I couldn't.