Chapter 22: This is Me

Start from the beginning

“Okay,” I laughed, “What is it?”

He handed me a piece of paper.

“You got an A!” I hugged him, “I’m so proud of you! Have you showed mom?!”

He nodded, “She did the same thing.”

“That’s amazing Dave. I’m sure mom will be asking for it back so she can put it on the fridge.”

He smiled proudly.

“Great job, I’m going to go check on Mar. Dad’s making Chinese.”

“Good I’m hungry.”

I laughed and shook my head, leaving his room and closing the door behind me.

“He doesn’t get good grades?” Max asked.

“He tries,” I replied, “but he struggles. His classmates know who our family is so it makes schooling hard for us sometimes. Do you mind if I stop in and see Alice first?”

He smirked, “Introducing me to your family already?”

I rolled my eyes, “I haven’t seen them all day.”

“I’m kidding,” he smiled, “Go ahead.”

“Why don’t you pick out a movie so you don’t have to keep waiting?” I suggested. “If you want to, that is. The theater’s up on the third floor.”

“I think I can handle that.”

“Good,” I smiled, “there’s a popcorn machine, candy, and soda up there too.”

“Awesome,” he nodded and walked further down the hall to find the stairs.

I walked into Alice’s room and closed the door behind me, “I have to talk to you.”

“Hi to you too.”

“Alice!” I whined.

She laughed, “Okay go.”

“I’m on a date.”

“Now?”

I nodded, “That guy from the mall?”

“Yeah?”

“He was at the therapist’s office today. He had an appointment too. He asked me out again.”

“What?! Go on!”

“Well I said yes and he asked what I wanted to do. Of course I said nothing too public otherwise I had to call my bodyguard. So he suggested we go back to his house to watch a movie and I said why don’t we go to mine because I have a movie theater? Now he’s here. He’s up in the theater picking a movie.”

She smiled, “You have a date!”

“I’m so nervous.”

“Don’t be.”

“What do I do?”

“D, be yourself. He obviously likes you. He didn’t walk up to you because he knew you were famous. He walked up to you because he likes you. Fate is trying to tell you something if you ran into him today. You must have a lot in common. So go up to the theater, watch a movie, and talk to him.”

I nodded and smiled, “Thanks Alice.”

“You’re welcome.”

I quickly stopped in to check on Maria who moved from the coloring book to her doll house. Then I went up to the third floor to the theater. Max stood by the candy station.

“If you want popcorn I can make some,” I told him.

He turned and smiled at me, “Does your family even eat this much candy?”