Yes, you read this right. I need to keep my feelings under control. I’ll explain.

It was Saturday night and we were going to one of my gang parties and of course how annoying he can be, Connor had to come too. He didn’t ride with me but we met up at the location itself. So of course I just went in a white top with leather pants/jacket and boots. But when I arrived at the party and he was standing there … in a white, tight fitting shirt with black skinny jeans but not too skinny and his hair … I had never ever seen such a beautiful hair. It was as if the world stopped for a second when I saw him and when our eyes locked … it was like magic, not the good kind of magic.

The kind of magic you can get addicted to and lose yourself in. That kind of magic. I really cannot describe how I felt at that exact moment. It was simply beautiful.

And then it was over, Jake come over and pulled me aside.

‘ You are way to tense sister. I won’t drink and I’ll make sure you and everyone gets home safely but   right now it’s time for you to get shit faced. ‘

And that was that.

He really didn’t need to tell me twice that he would be the designated driver for me to take up on his offer. He’s right. I de need to get out en get drunk once in a while. It’ll relieve my stress because I don’t believe in those little stress balls.

‘ Okay then, where can I get some shots first ?? ‘

And again, that was that. We drank and played stupid games and danced all night. Well don’t think too much of the dancing because I mostly drank and sat on a barstool when there was no game going on. So after 6 in the morning it was down to only a small group of people playing a game that I couldn’t even comprehend what exactly we were playing, but I don’t think anyone knew except for Jake who probably was laughing his ass off at all the drunk people surrounding him. Because face it, someone sticking their toe in their nose and not getting it out is pretty hilarious right ? or am I the only one who thinks that’s funny …

Ok than …

Sorry.

So as I was saying, we were all drunk and in a very unclear moment, me and Connor ended up in the closet for seven minutes of heaven I think.

We were both leaning in and I felt myself actually wanting his lips on mine, his soft .. pink lips. I didn’t want them, I needed them, I needed them like an obese child needs cookies, like the Muppets need Peggy, like Arrow needs Felicity, like cupid needs his bow ….

I needed him.

And just when I was about to get what I needed … he pulled away and began to pace in the little closet room. While I just stood there intoxicated.

He bumped me against the door but again, instead of kissing me, he planted a small innocent kiss on my neck and whispered in my ear

‘ Not here, not now, not like this. I want it, I want you, but I want you to remember it ….

I’m sorry.’

And that is how he left me standing there in a smelly closet, almost paralyzed by liquor, and still his words managed to seep through the blurriness that could be called my thoughts. Of course, at the time, I didn’t care much. I just kept drinking.

I do still remember waking up to the awesome smell of eggs and bacon. I got up with the worst hangover ever and still in my stinking clothes from the party. It was a wild one and I’m glad I got home safe. I have to thank Jake  for that later.

Then I remembered the smell of eggs and bacon and took my baseball bat downstairs because I’m supposed to be alone. Only Connor an the school know where exactly I live. And Jake was supposed to bring me home …. But I’m home home, not in the garage.

Holy Shit.

I placed my baseball bat at the bottom of the stairs and crept towards my kitchen. I saw Connor making eggs, whistling some stupid pop song I don’t listen to. I used my ninja skills to look around my house but it was only me and Connor. I checked my phone for messages from Jake wanting to talk but the only messages I got were from Megan and Gabe.

‘ What are you doing here ? ‘ I leaned against the counter, arms crossed.

‘ What do you mean ? I’ve been staying here since Thursday remember.’ No fucking shit. Even my little toe knew that, and it’s not one of the smartest parts.

‘ Yeah indeed Sherlock. I meant how the fuck did we get here, Jake would bring everyone home and he doesn’t know where I live so I hope you didn’t tell him or I will gladly rip your balls off, grill them and feed them to you. understood? ‘ He didn’t seem bothered one bit. Not even my awesome threat got him looking uncertain for at least a second. Au contraire, the only thing associated with an emotion was his usual smirk.

‘Are you done threatening me?’ He walked over to me, slowly, too slowly.

‘ Yes I am, now tell me how we got here. ‘ My face was blank. No emotion. My walls are back up and even though I’ve had some weak moments in the past week I’m certainly not letting that happen again.

‘ So you really want to know how exactly we got in your home?’ He spoke as slow as before. He placed his hand on both sides of me, on the counter.

‘ Yes, I really would like that. ‘ Our proximity was starting to affect me, even though I am not interested in him, my heart sped up a little when his lips came closer to my face. His warm breath on my face …

‘ I drove you … ‘

Wait what? He drove me ? He was drunk .. he was drunk driving.

That sick fuck !

I pushed him away from me so hard he collided with the fridge… hard. I felt myself go rigid.  My hands were shaking, my face turning red and my heart rate sped up.

‘ Have you any idea how irresponsible you were !!! Drunk driving is one of the most stupid things you could ever do !! What if you hit someone? You would’ve killed me and the other one who was totally innocent !! All because you had to many fucking drinks !!! ‘  I blew up on him. He was quite surprised at first but his casual smirk soon came back.

‘ I don’t know why you care about drunk driving but you would indeed be right, if I was drunk.

But I wasn’t. ‘ He .. wasn’t drunk?

‘ What ? ‘

‘ Yes, Sky, I wasn’t drunk. I don’t really drink. There should always be someone to take the drunk ones home so most of the time that’s me. ‘ But … Jake ?

‘ Wasn’t Jake the sober one? He said to me that I could drink if I wanted to because he would make sure everyone got home safely ..? ‘ It’s one of the things I’m almost completely certain of. I can’t remember much yet but I do know that

‘The drinks at the party were all spiked and when the police came to break up the party, I took you to my car and drove off. I called Jake to meet me with the even more drunk guys two blocks away and ended up driving everyone home. After everyone was home, I brought you here and decided to stay over because I was way too tired to drive all the way home again. ‘ Nice little invite …

‘ well, thanks .. I guess.’ I can’t really say anything else because after all, he got me home.

‘ You’re very welcome. But can we stop this interrogation and just eat already? I’m pretty starving… ‘

And boom, paf, patat. That’s where it all started.

There was a weird feeling growing in the pit of my stomach, I wasn’t sick. I’m never sick. This was different, and I think they call it

butterflies.

A/N

First of all I want to say I am really really sorry for making you wait for THIS long. But I uploaded this (superbad ) chapter as a promise from me to you, that I WILL finish this story. Even if it takes AGES.

I do hope you like the short comeback ;)

Xx axellesmet