"Ellijay! What are you doing?"

I heard her giggles and her laughter coming seconds later. My face immediately lit up, hearing my baby. "Mommy, it's nothing."

"Hm, sure didn't sound like nothing."

She laughed and put both of her hands over her mouth, "Okay, okay. You're right."

We both laughed as I tickled her. "How about today we go and watch Toy Story 4? And afterwards, we can go eat at Chuck. E. Cheese's?"

She laughed and jumped up and down and ran to her room. I instructed her on what not to wear and to make sure all of her clothes matched, and didn't look tacky. I was in the midst of getting myself ready but I kept hearing my phone go off. Once I discovered all of the messages was from Herbert, I put him on 'do not disturb'. He was really turning me off with this clingy shit.

I was done getting ready and peeped my head around Elli's door.

"You ready, ma-ma?"

"Yes mommy!"

I scanned her outfit and saw we both looked cute and decent. I scooped her up, placing her on my hip and was ready to start our day.

 I scooped her up, placing her on my hip and was ready to start our day

*Tiana's POV*

I listened to my grandmother as she scolded my kids in her native language, tanoan

She shook her head as they ignored her fusses and proceeded to trample all over the plants she had just dug out. She sighed loudly and sat down and I couldn't help but laugh. She snapped her heads toward me.

"What are you laughing at? Your kids are rotten."

I laughed even harder because I knew it was true, it was a fact I had to face. Maybe that's why Kevin was such an asshole. I couldn't do anything right. "I know," I said a little too sad.