I looked over at the phone and saw my thirty minutes for break was up. I threw away my trash and packed up, mentally preparing myself to return back to work. When I walked into the lobby, I was ambushed.

Paige grabbed a hold of my blazer and from instinct, I slapped her.

"You have to help me, please! I'll tell you everything just listen to me."

I sat there in awe because I had no idea what she was talking about. It took me a while but my mind wandered back to me when I remembered the situation and I charged at her.

"You bitch! You tried to ruin my fucking life."

The security that guarded the door grabbed a hold of me.

"Jeannie, please! You have to listen to me. You have to listen."

I looked at her appearance. Her hair was all over the place and her face was pale, gray almost. Her eyes were red and her lips were chapped and breaking. She looked horrible. Something inside my stomach moved and I knew it was my intuition.

"Let me go. I'm calm."

Paige stood there holding her fist up to her mouth.

"Let's go,"I said motioning to outside. I would just have to explain everything later to my boss. I was feeling like fuck my job right now because whatever Paige had to say seemed to be important.

**Javi's POV**

I looked at the message and saw Jeannie had yet to text me back

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I looked at the message and saw Jeannie had yet to text me back. I sighed and rolled my eyes. This was hard for me.

I wasn't used to chasing after anyone or putting my pride to the side so me sending the first message was a sign that I was ready to talk and leave the bullshit behind us but obviously she was still on the space shit.

I missed her and I know Elli did too. I shook the thoughts of my sister away and went to text Herbert back since he had been calling me over and over again. Jeannie's words rang over and over in my head and I wanted to take her advice.

Me: I'll call you later. I'm spending the day with Elli.
Herbert💚💚: Tomorrow's my last day here. I wanted to spend time with you. Elli can come along.

I bit my lip and sighed loudly. Herbert and I had bonded in such a short time and I did want to see him but I had to admit that Jeannie was right.

Me: I guess I'll catch you next time.

I didn't want to come off harsh or uninterested but I just couldn't see him today not after I promised Elli that we would go out and do all of these fun things. I had to put my daughter first and learn to put my relationships on the back burner for now. I locked my phone as I heard a loud crash coming from the hallway.