Chapter 10 - The calm before the storm

When the classes finally arrived at the campsite from their trial I was honestly shocked at their messy and exhausted faces. You said they would be fine!!!
I snapped my eyes over to the men, who were in some sort of satanical circle discussing whatever it is that is interesting them. I was the first to see the students arrive, so obviously they didn't bother walking over. I had been sitting relatively by myself throughout the day and a pang of guilt hit me from my antisocial behavior. Mandaley, however, was very chatty to me and in the snip-its of the day that we happen to of crossed paths, she always greeted me and we got into conversation. That didn't happen often With everyone else, however, as I lived in a small camp chair located in the huddle of trees that eventually branched out into the forest. Yes. None could see me yet I could see all.  As the students got closer I quietly walked over to inspect them.

"How was the trial?" I asked them. A few students jumped from my sudden appearance out of nowhere. 
Iida immediately went on a rant and told me everything: From the colour of the first leaf they saw to the rock they walked past after the attack. We would of been back at camp by the time he finished but I was actually interested In what he was saying. Mhm the the trial was totally safe. I laughed with the students for the rest of the walk back to camp when I suddenly remembered I should grab my chair and mug. I quickly excused myself and dashed back to collect my forgotten belongings.

Upon returning i see the students going over to prepare their dinners, so I silently stalked over to the male teachers. I swear if I get another awkward look from Vlad I'm going to burn all of his socks. The one annoying me was standing next to Aizawa and Tiger. The look on his face was across between confusion and a kangaroo trapped in headlights. Honestly I think he forgot about me. He always gives me strange looks and he's been so awkward near me.

"Hey (Y/n)" Tiger greeted when I reached them.

"Hey" I replied. "We will join the students now?"

"Uhuh" Aizawa hummed as he began to walk over, not exactly looking me in the eye. I tagged along beside him, and we walked silently. For once, I didn't know what to say to him. Do I apologize? Do I ignore him back? What do I do? His hand is dangerously close to mine right now...do I grab it????!!!

Amongst all my thought i didn't hear him call my name.
"Huh? Yes? What?" I blurted, snapping out of my daze. "Sorry...I-"
He smiled at me strangely, almost amused by my in-depth space out, and it it made me flush red in embarrassment. "I'm just...thinking" I add mumbling.

"Ok" he dryly replied.

It was silent again.

Until I spoke.

"Uhhh....do you think the students did well?" I question. I looked up at him from beside me but his gaze was still not meeting mine.

"I was expecting them back sooner but I suppose it was fine" He replied. A small gust of wind picked up and made his dark hair stir slightly in the movement.

"Oh I see" I look down, feeling kind of miserable because this convo is going absolutely nowhere. One minute it's easy and the next i don't know what to say? Is this hormones? I'm gonna blame it on my hormones!

We reached were the teachers are suppose to eat, and I sat down next to Aizawa. Of course. He offered to cook for us, and as I watched him silently I felt warmth dust my cheeks. why do you gotta look so good all the time?  He had his hair tied back loosely and was chopping up carrots, and sliding them into the pot. It was strange having such open thoughts about him, but he has always been so kind to me, and not a lot of people have been. I've really been on my own until he came along...he seems to...care. He makes me feel so warm and special, like mabe I can mean something to someone...

I mentally slap myself to prevent my mind from going down that direction of thought which would eventually make me miserable. I turned to Mandalay and sparked up a small conversation with her.

————dinner time skip———-

"Why thank you" I say cheerfully as Aizawa places the food down in front of me. I was currently the centre of everyone's attention, which is something I have only just discovered I enjoyed. All the teachers were curious about my quirk, and I was curious about theirs too, I suppose it's because no one has really gotten to know me at all. I'm new to this whole programs after all. I excluded myself from the ongoing conversation eating  silently to myself, and as I did so the ripps in the knees of my jeans exposed a long scar I completely forgot about.

I gently ran my finger in circles over the odd patch of scar tissue that extended from my inner mid thigh to my knee, and remembered the day I got it. It was from Shigaraki...the leader of the league of villains. For some reason I can't clearly remember that day in the hospital because it was over so quickly thanks to modern technology.

I re-entered reality on my own accord and continued the eat the delicious smelling food in front of me. Aizawa must of noticed me staring at my leg, because he spoke up.

"Don't worry to much about the scars" his monotone voice said. I looked up at him and for the first time today our eyes met. I drew my gaze down to the scar under his eye, and I smiled warmly at him.His scar honestly added to his already good look. And I wanted to tell him what I thought but I didn't....

Hmmmm
Is this....
An UPDATE?
Yes! I'm so so so so sorry I haven't been active lately, ahh I went back to school and my motivation for life is just non existant.
I was reading old chapters and I feel kind bad about it, I mean I think my writing could be less lazy and I am planning on updating more and making it better quality. This was suppose to be the vanguard action Squad chapter but it's over 1000 works currently. And did I mention we have 15k+ reads??????? Like that is RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING!!!😱😱 last time I published it was like, 4K??? Honestly this makes me so goddam happy 💕💕💕💕 thank everyone who spends the time to comment/read/vote on my chapters, and although I haven't been able to reply to all  i love reading the funny and encouraging comments you guys leave 😊😊