Chapter 16: Meeting Neko

"I was switchin' up the lanes,
Steppin' out the frame I'm in.
I was pulling on the reins,
Sick of all the same happenin'.
I swear I was, looking for disaster
Mixed with a bottle of gin.
And just because I come home after
Doesn't mean you'll take me in."

-Start Again, One Republic

April 20, 2011

It was a warm April night in Ikebukuro.

Two figures stood at the top of a skyscraper, surveying the rest of the city. One of the figures had her long, pink hair tied up in a ponytail. The other figure wore a long, dark green trench coat on top of an old-fashioned white shirt with a ruffled collar. His silver hair was illuminated in the moonlight.

Both seemed to be good friends as they conversed.

"It's different isn't it? The view."

"Yes, quite so. I see now what you meant all those months ago." The man replied.

"I never thought that this would be your first time in.. how long... seventy years... that you would finally visit the ground. What made you change your mind?"

"I was reminded of what it means to exist." He said in a serious tone. Then his face broke out into a smile as his whole body shook, "Just kidding! Maa, Maa, I was bored to death! You kept telling me about all these interesting things and I realized I HAD to come down and check them out for myself. Like katsu chicken!"

"Soooo." The pink-haired lady punched the silver-haired man in the shoulder. "When are you going to see you-know-who?"

The man tucked his head in embarrassment, "Hana, why do you always make it sound like that!"

"Sound like what?" Hana's face was the picture of innocence.

"Stop teasing me."

"I'm just saying that the cherry blossoms this time of year are beautiful. And you never know, Addy, that old man Kokouji-ojii-san probably has his own personal cherry blossom garden."

"It's so weird to hear you call him an ojii-san. I'm older than him, you know?"

"But see, you may be the First and Silver King, but you still have the heart of a seven year old kid."

Addy just had a silly expression on his face, used to Hana's bantering by now.

"MEOWWW!" A distressed hissing noise sounded from below.

The two figures glanced at each other and without a moment's hesitation, jumped down from the thirty story building.

Hana crashed down to the ground, surrounded by a pink aura. Her aura protected her, causing the ground to form a dent as it absorbed the impact rather than her body.

"Cheater." Hana mumbled, stepping out of the mini hole in the ground, completely unharmed.

Addy, utilizing his power over gravity, gently floated down into the dark alleyway. "You could access my powers, you know. You do have access to every King's sanctum." He said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Haa, that's too much work."

"WHO ARE YOU?! WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?" Two large men demanded from one end of the alleyway. Both seemed shocked and nervous about the man and woman who fell from the sky.

"I'm a pacifist you know?" Addy posed with his head tilted upwards in disinterest.

"Ugh fine, I have to do everything around here don't I." Hana glanced towards the dead end of the alley, the meowing they had heard came from the small cat behind them.