Chpt 10: Strays (Pt. 1)

(Pic is of Eric Surt)

Chapter 10: Strays

April 1, 2010 (4:30PM)

Hana sat at the bar, reading an English medical book quietly. She was engrossed in the chapter about infectious diseases. So much so that when Tatara, who has recently been obsessed with recording everything the gang does, holds a camera up and begins recording her, she just ignores him.

It was then that Kosuke Fujishima walks in with a person on his back. It was raining outside, but Kosuke's white shirt with a British flag imprint was not wet. Must be a HOMRA trait because of the fire. They can never get too cold.

Kosuke Fujishima: 

Is Kosuke British? He always seems to wear the British flag shirt

Is Kosuke British? He always seems to wear the British flag shirt. Even when he wears a jacket on top, the print stands out.

Kosuke is on the quiet side, yet he's known to pick up a lot of strays and bring them into the bar.

"What's the matter? What's that strange thing behind your back?" Izumo was drying a glass cup when he noticed Kosuke walk in.

"...I picked it up." Kosuke replied without a look of guilt on his face.

Tatara was filming this entire exchange and narrated for the video. "Fujishima often picks up some stray cats or dogs, but it's the first time you've picked up a human."

"That's not allowed, so no. Put him back to where you found him." Izumo chastised like the nagging old man he is.

Kosuke protested, "But it's raining!"

"Then please do bring him back to your own house." Izumo's face became troubled as he thought, why do you have to bring it back here?

"My parents are at home."

By this point, there was too much noise in the bar and Hana couldn't concentrate on reading. She listened in to the conversation and piped up, "Izumo, you're so heartless. He's not gonna destroy your bar so chill out."

"Forget it, isn't it fine? Kusanagi-san." Tatara also gave Izumo a piece of his mind.

Izumo sighed as a cloud of darkness formed above his head by the 3 people ganging up on him. "Fine."

Kosuke called Hana over. "Can you take a look at him?"

"Yeah, sure. Place him down on this couch."

Hana examined the boy. It seemed that he was often abused and malnourished. Hana took note of the handprints around his neck. The bruises on his face and arms were in various stages of healing, which meant that the abuse had been going on for a while. He was also soaking wet, so Hana also needed to grab towels and a change of clothes for him.

She went up to Anna's room to grab her supplies. When Hana was over, she shared the room with Anna. Hana liked to keep some of the heavier medical items like bruise ointments and bandages in a drawer. The emergency equipment in her backpack was for just that, emergencies. As the blonde haired boy was fine until now, he could wait a few more minutes as Hana gathered her supplies.