Chapter 6: Providence (Part 1)

Pic: Izumo Kusanagi, who deserves some love. 

October 18, 2009

Everyone was silent. Even Mikoto opened his eyes.

"Wow! That's so incredible Hana-chan!" Tatara, ever the calm one, exclaimed.

I stared at him in disbelief. "Wait you guys believe me?"

A chuckle ran through the bar.

"We saw what ya could do when you helped save Anna. We were just waitin' for you to tell us the truth. It is hard to believe, but as long as you're not here to hurt any of us, you're always welcome." Izumo spoke for the rest of the gang.

"So Hana-chan, you're from another dimension? World? Universe? How does it work? Do you know the future?" Shohei piped in.

"Okay woah. Too many questions. All I can say is I'm not quite sure. In my universe, we don't have talking trash cans that pick up trash, PDAs that have holograms, or Clans. All of this stuff is super high tech, and we're not quite there yet. So I'm from your future in a different way. I know some of what has happened because of a different type of recorded history." To me these people are real, they're flesh and blood. They aren't fictional. I frowned. "You see, I don't exist here. I'm not supposed to be here."
Close enough to the truth, I can't tell them I know them from an anime. UGH THIS IS HARDER THAN I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE. Everyone waited for me to continue. Not even the hotheaded Misaki said anything.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, almost wishing that if I opened them back up I would be home. Opening them again, I looked at the people before me.

"That's why I said that things are complicated. I was sent here, to this universe. I have a vague notion of what is going to happen in the future, but nothing is set in concrete. I have these powers possibly from the Slate. It's how I became friends with Pepper." I gestured towards Izumo. "Kusanagi-san do you mind if I heal your arm? Don't worry, I won't harm you and my powers aren't like Mizuchi's."

(A/N: If you forgot who Mizuchi is, he's the evil dude who wanted to turn Anna into the next Blue King.)

Only Tatara, Mikoto, and Anna really understood the reference.

Izumo walked around his bar and stood to my side. "Do you mind taking off your shirt?"

"If ya wanted to get my shirt off so badly, all ya had to do was ask." Izumo said with his Kansai accent as he buttoned down his shirt. I shot Izumo a glare.

"Oi! Why does he need to take his shirt off!" Misaki yelled out, flustered a bit that a girl was going to see a guy topless.

"Misaki, I was training to be a medical professional before I arrived here. Also I'm a swimmer and a lifeguard, a shirtless guy is nothing."

"Don't call me by my first name!" Misaki pouted.

"I'm American, I always call people by their first name."

"Then why do you call Kusanagi-san by his last name?!"

I shrugged my shoulders, "because I feel like it."

I twisted and placed my arm on his bare shoulder. I gathered my pink aura to my hands and concentrated on healing. Just because I was focusing on healing Izumo, didn't mean I was blind.

Hawt damn. I didn't let my eyes wander, but I'd be stupid not to notice the muscles on Izumo. He wasn't overly muscular as if he bench pressed every day, he was on the skinny side, yet there was definitely a solid amount of muscle in just the right places from what I could see. He would definitely be a butterflyer* if he swam. His muscle structure is on par with some of the faster swimmers that I know.