Chapter 12: Basashi Commotion Pt. 1

May 10, 2010

Hana's POV

Tatara was still obsessed with his video recording. Every time I came down to the bar to read or help out, he would hover over my shoulder. Today, he pissed me off, so I grabbed the camera and decided to record him in return.

I lowered my voice, ran my hand through my hair, and twisted my face into an annoyingly happy expression to mimic Tatara, "May 10th, 17:30. The weather has been great lately. It's cloudy with a chance of everything turning out just fine."

"Hana-chan~ give it back!" Tatara tried to corner me, but I ran for cover behind a table.

"What's this? Tatara is too slow to catch up to me?" If he tried to circle around the table clockwise, I would also circle around the table clockwise. If he went counterclockwise, I did the same.

"Sucker~" I stuck my tongue out at him.

The went on for about 5 minutes until Kosuke and Anna walked into the bar. They had been out for errands and just got back.

"Izumo." Anna sounded like she wanted something.

Izumo, Tatara, and I were the only ones in the bar so when we heard Anna's voice we all turned towards her.

Except for Tatara, he took that opportunity to get back his precious camera by glomping me from behind.

What?! I was distracted okay.

Tatara had come up from behind me, so he had his arms around me with his elbows resting on my shoulders. The camera that was once in my hands, was now in his.

"You're heavy." I murmured to him as he decided to stay in that position. I was flustered and would've thrown him off of me, but was caught off guard.

Ignoring us, Izumo asked the Anna, "What's the matter?"

"Can we keep it?" Anna had the pwetty-pwease face on.

Izumo sweat dropped, "What is it this time? You're not going to tell me that it's a human again, right?"

Kosuke responded this time, "No.... it's not a human..."

"No?" Izumo sounded doubtful.

Anna's eyes sparked as she used her puppy dog eyes on Izumo.

Before he caved, he tried to get us on his side, "... you say something too."

"It's fine, isn't it? I'll look after it too." The hazel-eyed clansman responded.

"Hehe you know I love animals Izumo." A grin split across my face. I've always loved animals and I always will.

Izumo sighed, "Oh well, if it's just one or two cats or dogs."

The front door creaked open and there stood... a horse.

"I LOVE HORSES!" I whisper yelled as I dropped to the ground in a crouch to get out from under Tatara's arms. Then I bolted upright as I slowly walked towards the brown-haired horse, my right palm face up.

Since Tatara was leaning his weight on me, he collapsed onto his butt when I escaped from under him. He seemed dazed but was okay. I ignored him, because, duh, a beautiful horse was in front of me.

There are several rules that must be followed when being around horses. They've been drilled into me since I was ten, which was when I got my first horse. Now that I think about it, ironically his name was Red. He was a sweetie, the nicest horse you could ever have and was a cutie pie.

Anyways, 1) never yell around horses, they get spooked easily; 2) don't run towards/around horses or they may rear up and hit you with their front hooves; 3) never go directly behind a horse, you always have to have your hand traveling on the horse's fur so they're aware you're behind them; 4) respect them, they can tell if you're being disrespectful or scared of him/her and will in turn become scared and retaliate in self-defense. They're 2,000 pounds of pure muscle so don't piss them off.