prologue➳

devastated. that's how she truly felt inside. it wasn't her first time thinking she could be able to love someone and last 'til death.
it was such a euphoric feeling she felt within her. such a spark.
it was a shot in the dark that made her panic inside. she shot it.
but she missed.

"what a foolish mistake."

her heart has had enough. all the neglecting, and empty promises he made for her were for pure show.

"i'll always love you, and you only." that's what she'd say. he'd never say it back.
it hurt her enough to find out he was sucking up someone else's lips.
it disgusted her.

"what did i expect? i'm still too young to know what love is really."

this has happened to her thrice.
her heart had been cracked, and damaged enough. now it had its last straw. so broken, and ripped apart. there was just no way of fixing what couldn't be undone by the stupid choices she made.
she knew she'd only get herself even more hurt, it was common sense.
but she decided to listen to her heart, and not her brain.

"such a stupid, dumb mistake."

"these guys are all the same. they'll only break your heart chae."

she didn't want to believe her mother. she knew all guys weren't the same. but the world was proving her wrong so far.

"i'm just meeting the wrong boys, mom."

the wrong people...yeah.

"then how many more times will your heart break until you meet the right one? how much more does my little girl have to suffer? just for the right guy to come around?"

she didn't want to believe her mother. she wanted to look deeper into that pain, and find some part that's healed.

"how much more do you have before you truly break?"

very little.

"how much more are you planning on pushing yourself? stop being nonsensical chae."

nonsense. that's what she hoped everything was.

"i love you, and i know it's hard, but you have to face reality eventually. give your heart a break."

she knew her mother was right. after all, she's been through what chaeyoung was going through right now.

"give my heart a break..."

that's when she stumbled across it.

her tearful eyes looked down to the blurry pink piece of paper with no caps red writing and hearts around in.

she wiped her tears away, and took a closer look at the small insignificant paper slip decorated with small red and white hearts.

picking up the paper she read out what the page had on it.

"lonely hearts club. tired of getting hurt?
join now if you have had your heart broken, or have never loved anyone. room 312 on the third floor. free pins, support merch, and snacks."

she stared at the paper blankly.

"i mean...who could say no to free food?"

_________
unedited