Chapter Nine

Two years.

Jinyoung looked outside the window as he remembered how long he had been in this place. The hell on earth. Well, almost two years. He tried to hug his knees but suddenly a hissing sound came from his mouth as his arms made contact with his knees. Rolling the sleeve, he looked at the bruise on his left arm. That's why he called this place like the hell on earth. They always punished him. They always hit him, and the others every time 'misbehaving' happened.

Leaning against the big window, Jinyoung looked at all the trees around the hospital. 30 minutes of walking through the woods, he could reach the town. Another 20 minutes, he could go home. If he could call it home. How did he know that? Because that's why he always got hit for doing that and be called 'misbehaving'. For the past two years, he sometimes got caught escaping the hospital. All the doctors were clueless, how could Jinyoung pass all the security? Well, Chiko helped him. Out of 10 escape, only 3 times he got caught.

Why he ran away? Had to mention this again, this place was a hell for him. But every time he went home, his parents would send him back. He wanted to go home not because he missed his parents. He just missed his room, his books, that's all.

"Jinyoungie~" a voice called him.

The boy looked at the source of the voice and smiled. A blonde boy grinning in front of him. He sat in front of Jinyoung and took his arm, checking the bruise. The smile changed to concern within a second.

"What did you do this time?" the blonde asked.

"I'm fine, Mark." Jinyoung said.

"Is it hurt?" Mark asked.

"I'm okay. Looked at you. Bruises everywhere. You should worry about yourselves too."

"I don't want my friend to get hurt. Jinyoung, you're my only friend here." Mark looked down.

"Plus, they all crazy." He whispered.

Jinyoung chuckled at the last one. Look at who's talking. He said to himself. Compared to Jinyoung, Mark's bruises were worse. He almost had bruises on his entire body. The doctors said that Mark always 'misbehaving', that's why he always got hit. But how could a nice boy like him, 'misbehaving'? When Jinyoung asked the doctor about Mark's sickness, it was always the same answer. 'He's not your concern.' Mark was his friend, of course, he wanted to know about his friend. He wanted to know why Mark got into this asylum.

"Mark, how can you be here? The doctor won't let you come out from your room, right?" Jinyoung asked the blonde boy.

"Doctor Kim let me out. She's the best doctor here, right?" Mark answered, smiling. Jinyoung nodded.

Doctor Kim was really the nicest doctor in this asylum. Every patient loves her. She's kind to every patient she treated including Jinyoung. She always there for Jinyoung if he got into trouble. The other doctors should be like that too. They both turned silent for a while as they looked outside the window.

"Jinyoung, do you miss your home?" Mark asked, still looking outside.

"Yeah, but not my parents. I miss my room and my books."

"Me too but not books." Mark hugged his knees.

"You don't miss your parents?" Jinyoung asked. The boy shook his head.

"They sent me here. By force." Mark tilted his head, resting on his arms.

Jinyoung sighed. Mark entered here one year after him. He still remembered that day. The nurse carried unconscious Mark by the wheelchair. They even tied his hands. When the boy woke up, he panicked and cause a scene at the corridor. He hurt one of the nurses and they had to give him a tranquilizer to calm him down. They locked him up in his room for two weeks. He didn't talk to anybody for the next week. Jinyoung was the first one to approach him. He didn't know how but he did it for someone who never had a friend. And they probably the youngest here. Mark was hard to approach at first but soon after they became friends.